Credit Control Reporting Specialist
In this role, you will be adding insight and analysis to the EMEA Credit Control Department. To support Booking.com BV, you will be aiding other teams within the department by providing them with insights based on meaningful data and reports as well as assisting them in making internal data-driven decisions. You will work in parallel with various stakeholder in the EMEA Credit Control teams and assist in both ad-hoc requests as well as regular reports for various business segments.
As a Credit Control Reporting Specialist, it is your responsibility to understand the business needs of internal stakeholders, formulate the right questions and find answers using large datasets. Part of your daily activities is extracting data from our databases using SQL and aggregating/transforming it using MS Excel. You are able to interpret the data you’ve gathered, identify trends and organize and present data in a meaningful way.
We are looking for highly motivated people who can work independently, adapt quickly and who are interested in learning new skills.
- Assist the Credit Control team in developing, enhancing, analyzing and defining Reports to minimize manual works and support the business needs relating to best practice credit management
- Support EMEA Operational Excellence Team in providing assistance for close tracking of new initiatives or strategic implementations
- Provide the appropriate reporting solutions, analytical data, strategy and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Produce accurate and timely reports generated from SAP and other MIS databases
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets and provide recommendation to local Management team and stakeholders
- Proactively innovate internal reporting opportunities
- High adaptability to the diverse and multicultural working environment
- Understanding of basic credit management principles
- Approachable and responsible behavior with positive attitudes
- Strong Analytical and Problem solving skills with a credit management
- Demonstrable curiosity and learning, prepared to ask questions
- Flexibility to embrace and respond to change effectively
- Structured approach to work – strong planning, organizational skills and attention to details
- A proactive team player, good at working with others and the ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively present and communicate business scenarios to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to translate numbers/reports into a business case to stakeholders
- Experience in Management reporting, trend and variance analysis is preferred
- Out-of-the-box thinking
Qualifications & competencies:
- A Degree holder in Economics or Statistics, with experience in roles involving Data Analytics and/or Reporting;
- Advance User of Microsoft Office Suites – Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word
- Knowledge of SQL, data mining and Microsoft VBA is preferred;
- Knowledge of SAP BW is a plus.
This position reports directly to the EMEA Operational Excellence Manager
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Credit Control Reporting Specialist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top