Corporate Development & Strategy Analyst
Booking.com's Strategy & Corporate Development team is responsible for supporting senior business leaders in developing and driving the Company's organic and inorganic growth agenda. This includes research on travel industry developments and trends, assisting business units and senior leadership with strategy development, evaluating potential areas for investment, and executing M&A transactions.
As a Strategy & Corporate Development Analyst you will support the teams responsible for defining strategy and executing M&A and investments. In this unique role you will work on high-impact, challenging and cross-functional projects, with direct exposure to senior leadership.
You will contribute a creative and analytical skill set to help solve complex problems. You will serve on a few of the large, core projects (driven by a more senior member of the team), plus be assigned a few smaller projects to drive more independently. You will have a high amount of autonomy and will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization. Example CorpDev projects will include due diligence, building financial and valuation models and preparing presentations for investment committee. Example Strategy projects will include market sizing, competitive analysis and business operations.
Booking.com is the world's leading accommodation site and one of the world's largest e-commerce companies, but boasts a small, start-up feel. We are looking for a results-driven, rigorous problem-solver with a sharp analytical mind, who is able to think creatively and has excellent communication skills. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who gets excited about the opportunity to execute M&A transactions and solve key strategic questions as we work towards our mission to empower people to experience the world.
- Perform market scans and competitive analysis, build financial and valuation models, and coordinate due diligence to facilitate execution of M&A transactions
- Support research engagements to develop and articulate Booking.com's position on long-term strategic issues.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build thought leadership on new and innovative technology trends and markets, and evaluate the performance of current business operations
- Drive financial and data analysis to break down and structure complex issues, synthesize analysis, and make recommendations
- Prepare presentations (eg strategy, investment committee, etc) for senior management
- Other opportunistic assignments with high potential impact
- 2+ years experience in top tier investment banking, consulting, or corporate development
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to distill complex business issues into actionable recommendations
- Skilled in M&A execution, due diligence, strategy development, including project scoping, hypotheses development, financial and business modelling, strategic options identification, consensus building, and implementation
- Detail oriented with excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Exposure to technology, travel, e-commerce, retail, payments, and/or B2C products a plus.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude and ability to take ownership and work with little oversight
- K nowledge of SQL and other data gathering and analysis techniques is a plus
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Diana N.Quality Executive
Diana supports Booking.com’s customer service agents by providing side-by-side shadow training in addition to offering personalized feedback, tips, and tricks to each agent.
Back to top