Corporate Development Manager
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission - to help travelers discover the world - is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter - experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments - we are actively recruiting the next generation of global entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of leadership functions: technology, design, marketing, product, business development and HR.
The Manager, Corporate Development will be based in Amsterdam and will work with a small team that identifies, analyzes and executes acquisition and investment activities for Booking.com. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, this role will work with our corporate development team and senior executives at Booking.com, and with our parent company's corporate development team based in the United States.
This role is key in analyzing and executing deals, and you will provide the management team with needed insight to drive intelligent and sound decision-making. You understand the technology, ecommerce and/or online travel landscape and harness it to identify targets and manage deal execution. You bring humility with your strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgement.
You must have demonstrated the ability to value, perform diligence on, and execute M&A transactions. You need to have a high level of maturity and the ability to interact with senior executives within our organization and at companies that may be potential acquisition candidates. Strong business judgment and the ability to quantitatively analyze industries and companies is critical. You must be able to present your findings to internal stakeholders, including the company’s senior executives, in an effective and concise manner. Occasional travel will be required.
- Gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously
- Understand and stay current on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Identify and evaluate acquisition candidates
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision-making with senior-level audiences
- Build complex, flexible and accurate financial, operating and valuation models
- Manage overall transaction execution process
- Conduct business due diligence
- Coordinate legal, HR, product, technical and accounting due diligence
- Review purchase agreements and other process-related documentation
- Prepare presentations for senior management
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for senior management
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting
- Intimate knowledge of the M&A process and a track record of managing transactions
- Ability to conduct rigorous analyses with minimal oversight
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with impeccable business judgment
- Strong project management skills including ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highest level of maturity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to be personable yet persistent while coordinating the efforts of others, and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Min 6 years of M&A- or TMT-focused experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity or corporate development
- Bachelor's degree from a highly selective university; MBA from a top tier business school ideal
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best 'deal' possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to shape the future of the global travel industry
- A high-scale, complex, world-renowned product
- Opportunity to see the real time impact of your work
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of the Europe's most cosmopolitan cities
- Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Corporate Development Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top