Corporate Development Associate
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission - to help travelers discover the world - is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter - experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments - we are actively recruiting the next generation of global entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of leadership functions: technology, design, marketing, product, business development and HR.
The Associate, Corporate Development will be based in Amsterdam and will work with a small team that identifies, analyzes and executes acquisition and investment activities for Booking.com. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, this role will work with our corporate development team and senior executives at Booking.com, and with our parent company's corporate development team based in the United States.
This role is key in analyzing and executing deals, and you will support the CorpDev and management teams with needed analysis and insights to drive intelligent and sound decision-making. You gather and digest competitive data to help the team understand the technology, ecommerce and/or online travel landscape and harness it to identify targets and manage deal execution. You bring humility with your strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgement.
You must have demonstrated the ability to build complex financial models, perform due diligence, and support execution of M&A transactions. You need to have a high level of maturity and the ability to interact with senior executives within our organization and at companies that may be potential acquisition candidates. Strong business judgment and the ability to quantitatively analyze industries and companies is critical. You must be able to present your findings to internal stakeholders, including the company’s senior executives, in an effective and concise manner. Occasional travel will be required.
- Gather and analyze massive amounts of information expeditiously
- Understand and stay current on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Evaluate acquisition candidates
- Build complex, flexible and accurate financial, operating and valuation models
- Support transaction execution process
- Conduct business and financial due diligence
- Support/facilitate legal, HR, product, technical and accounting due diligence
- Prepare presentations and ad-hoc analyses for senior management
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting
- Unrivalled financial modeling, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct rigorous analyses and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highest level of maturity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to be personable yet persistent, and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- 3-5 years experience in investment banking, VC/PE or corporate development (of which at least 2 years IB)
- Bachelor's degree from a highly selective university
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best 'deal' possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to shape the future of the global travel industry
- A high-scale, complex, world-renowned product
- Opportunity to see the real time impact of your work
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of the Europe's most cosmopolitan cities
- Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Corporate Development Associate in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top