Copywriter – Chinese
We are currently looking for a Copywriter – Chinese for the global Content Agency within Booking.com.
In this role you will be responsible for writing compelling online Chinese copy for communications designed to engage and inspire different audiences. You will support Booking.com's goal with customer-centric copy purposed for different channels and platforms, and work cross-functionally with a variety of clients throughout the business with content needs.
Besides being passionate about the language and creative writing, as a Chinese Copywriter you have a strong commercial understanding which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of Booking.com's content and writing. You take action accordingly in order to provide customers with content at the highest standard of quality.
This role is ideal for an experienced Copywriter with a keen interest in all parts of the content creation process, from initial concept to final execution of highly polished customer-centric copy.
Please provide a portfolio showing a range of writing styles across different channels – preferably email marketing, social and e-commerce site and in Simplified-Chinese language.
This position will be based in our Shanghai office.
- Write on-brand copy, switching between style and format to suit a broad array of online platforms and channels.
- Deliver high-quality concepts and copy to support user engagement, interaction and conversation, sometimes within tight deadlines;
- Pro-actively support key department initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders to enhance content through measurable KPIs;
- Perform language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the content and the service offered to the Chinese customers;
- Take ownership of copy projects; provide feedback to other writers.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Fluent level spoken Mandarin and written Simplified Chinese, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience working as a professional Copywriter;
- Flexibility, accuracy, efficiency, experience in working with deadlines, prioritization skills, strong analytical skills and ability to multitask;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Chinese social media tools and interfaces;
- Proactive and initiative, both when working independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience in e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
B.Offered A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented; Internal trainings and various possibilities of personal development in our fast growing company.
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Copywriter - Chinese. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top