Coordinator – Global Accounts APAC
Booking.com (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com is looking for a Coordinator Global Accounts Asia Pacific.
As a Coordinator within the Global Accounts APAC team, you will be joining one of the most dynamic teams at Booking.com. You will be responsible for managing and supporting Booking.com BV's relationships and operations with top Global and Regional Hotel Owner Groups and Management Companies. The client portfolios will span the Asia Pacific and as such so will your responsibility.
You will strive to support new levels of engagement with clients by supporting and delivering insights via data analysis and presentations which are designed to optimise the performance of the partners and local teams. You will be working alongside a global and regional team of colleagues who are passionate and knowledgeable about e-commerce and travel. Together you will support uncovering and implementing opportunities that improve operational processes and performance at the partner's properties and delight guests. The traveler is the reason we do all this after all. You will be a member of a team dedicated to ensuring that travelers have the best selection, offers and experience when they book with Booking.com.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the ability to create a strong network internally at Booking.com as well as within partner organizations. While leading daily operations, a prominent goal is to support the APAC local hotel teams in their cooperation with the chain hotels. Interpersonal skills, excellent communication and the proven ability to create and execute operational and account plans with a strong focus on results are a must. Booking.com BV's partners are some of the best and brightest in the lodging industry, working with them will be both challenging and rewarding. So, if you can do it all with a smile and a great attitude that is a huge plus.
You report directly to the Area Manager Global Accounts Asia Pacific.
This position will be based in our Singapore office.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As Coordinator Global Accounts APAC, you are responsible for the daily tasks that fall under Global Accounts. You coordinate and organize the daily operations between the local hotel teams, head offices of chains, other regions, and other departments involved (XML, Operations etc.) You assist and support the Global Accounts Team with ongoing Projects and Account Management of Chains. Furthermore you offer support to the Global Hotel Accounts Team and support with administrative tasks at the office.
- Operational ownership of chain accounts and main point of contact for chain counterparts.
- Responsible for smooth execution and improvisation of all operational procedures and projects of assigned chain accounts.
- Serve as the first point of contact within the department for questions from all offices in the Asia Pacific.
- Supporting the Key Account Managers with operational tasks, business tasks and projects.
- Responsible for managing the Global Accounts email inbox for Asia Pacific.
- Regular maintenance and management of the various Global Accounts Team tracking documents.
- Initiating project to increase the local chain knowledge by assisting with training of the account managers in local offices including face to face presentations, webinars and training documents, and other initiatives.
- Prepare and conduct workshops/trainings/webinars for external stakeholders.
- Maintaining regular contact with Coordinator Global Accounts in New York and Amsterdam.
- Responsible for rolling out of new chain hotels with the relevant account manager from building to connecting to opening on the Booking.com website.
- Provide monthly hotel chain reports to the chain head office.
- Run regular internal chain reports on KPI data and company focus.
- Coordinating and working closely together with other teams, such as Local Partner Services, other regional Global Accounts team, Central Operations and connectivity.
- Creating standard operating procedures with relevant parties and keeping documents up to date for local hotel teams based on information provided by chains.
- Pro-actively identifying roadblocks with processes and looking for solutions.
- Collaborating in the creation of support documents such as building manuals and training guides for specific chains.
- Assisting in fixing any structural issues with pricing.
- Assisting with the creation of decks and analysis for Business reviews for Key Account Managers.
- Train, consult, monitor and support internal and external stakeholders in handling the Key Accounts in order to optimize their performance.
- Other special assignments, projects or deliverables as assigned.
- Depending on the workload other tasks not mentioned above may apply.
- Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Formal university education mandatory, hospitality/ online focus is preferred.
- In depth proficiency in Microsoft Excel (logical, data, text, array functions, data sorting, data visualization and analysis).
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint), various related systems and the internet.
- Booking.com is an innovative company constantly iterating new ideas, which means its busy here a love of learning new things, an ability to think on your feet and an attitude that embraces change is a must.
- If you are driven, volunteer for new challenges without being asked, and take ownership of your work plus you love a good puzzle this may be the role for you.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing to just about anyone.
- If you have 2+ years of experience in a supporting key account management, strategic account management, or strategic planning/consulting function (preferably working in a Asia Pacific scope) this may be the role for you.
- Experience in internet/ online industry is preferred.
- A 'getting things done' mentality.
- Flexible attitude, accurate and stress resistant.
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, independent and customer friendly.
- You are already based in Singapore and do no require work pass sponsorship to work in Singapore.
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Coordinator - Global Accounts APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top