Connectivity Partner Business Manager
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. We are looking for a Connectivity Partner Business Manager.
The Connectivity Partnerships team (part of the partner services department) in Amsterdam is managing the ecosystem of technology companies, who are providing IT solutions for Booking.com BV's accommodation partners, ranging from channel management to Property Management Systems and from online booking engines to Revenue Management.
The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team in Amsterdam is to become the trusted advisor for Booking.com's connectivity partners. To develop existing and recruit new connectivity partnerships to drive a joint and healthy business operation and accelerate on a mutual growth ambition.
As the world's leading accommodation site, Booking.com is at the center of a fast transforming market where guests expect the best possible experience in arranging their travel accommodation. To lead this transformation and to deliver on Booking.com's mission, it's of strategic importance to drive a high adoption of the products and connectivity innovations by Booking.com's eco-system of connectivity partners.
As the Connectivity Partner Business Manager, you are responsible for the recruitment, enablement and development of the ecosystem in your assigned territory. You will become a trusted advisor for the partners in your region through a full understanding of how they run their business, their opportunities, challenges, and concerns with the aim to build a joint healthy and profitable operation.
With Booking.com's fast pace of innovation it is key that you'll work with the partners in your region to drive a high adoption of Booking.com's Connectivity API's and products, with the result to offer the best experience for mutual accommodation partners and guests. You are also accountable for help growing the business through partners in your region. They can do that by adding new accommodation partners to Booking.com's platform and by advising accommodation partners on how to improve their business with booking.com. As the foundation of the connectivity partnerships are primarily based on the integration of the (XML) Interface between Booking.com's platform and the accommodation partners' internal systems it is your task to ensure that partners in your region maintain or build a high quality standard in their connection.
This is a unique 'specialist' role within Booking.com group and requires to interface with several internal stakeholders within the Product Team, Partner Marketing, Connectivity Technical Support, Local Partner Services and BookingSuite.
- Assist Booking.com by developing yearly business plans with premier partners, with clear objectives and commitments around marketing, skills development and business growth. Review the plan on quarterly basis and take corrective actions when needed.
- Pro-actively drive the execution of the business plan and keep an eye on the mutual return on investment
- Identify new potential connectivity partners, recruit and onboard them.
- Serve as an advocate for the partners within Booking.com Local Partner Services teams
- Ensure the partners are able to represent Booking.com and its value proposition to (mutual) accommodation partners
- Represent Booking.com on technology industry events within your territory
- Assist Booking.com driving and initiating activities to recruit new accommodation partners or by finding ways to improve the performance of accommodation partners on its platform.
- Monitor business needs and work closely with internal Product- and Commercial Owners in Amsterdam to help developing new features
- Identify new ideas for investment, working with partners to identify areas to improve the offering that would drive better guest and accommodation experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in partner development, sales, business development in the technology industry
- Experience in hotel technology space and knowledgeable of OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, XML based messaging and SQL are a strong plus.
- Understanding of cloud business models and how applications & services are brought to market.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Ability to manage projects across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively present to and engage with C-Level executives
- Passionate about technology and support: You live and breathe to create solutions, and you love the feeling of satisfying partners and building long lasting, impactful business relationships.
- Organized: Putting things in order, and optimizing for efficiencies comes naturally to you. You tend to plan ahead and accordingly.
- A self-starter: Motivated by an end result? Driven by your own performance, yet actively want to contribute to a team? Show us your strengths!
- Flexible: Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity. Can bend and twist with the changes as they come your way.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plus
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Connectivity Partner Business Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top