Are you inspired by challenges and delivering results in a dynamic environment that embraces innovation? Are you passionate about working in a startup environment for one of the most successful brands in e-commerce and online travel and experiences?
Booking.com's scale and scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make our company a great place to work. We are one of the world's largest e-commerce companies, and the #1 destination to book any type of accommodation. Our mission is making it easier for everyone to experience the world. Helping us do this is a diverse community of over 12,000 employees across 200+ global offices, all connected by a love of travel and a passion for creating the perfect customer experience.
As a Compensation Specialist you will s upport the Regional Compensation team in conducting analysis and studies to support the business functions in developing and administering effective compensation programs in accordance with the organization's reward strategy.
The Compensation Specialist works directly with the Regional C&B Teams as well as HR Ops and HRA to support day to day requests. Explains the reward programs and processes to stakeholders. Conducts analyses to support decision making and provides recommendations to the C&B team.
This position will preferably be based in our Grand Rapids, MI location, however there is a possibility for this position to be based in Seattle, WA, Orlando, FL or Austin, TX also.
- Interact with employees and answer various compensation and Human Resource inquiries
- Support various C&B initiatives including research implementation and communication, tool maintenance & updates;
- Prepare reports to management members;
- Administer, update and support policies and practices;
- Audit employee and payroll database, records, and employee files for accuracy, support the Advice to Pay process for Leaves;
- Employee compensation administration - including processing caretaker calculations & eligibility, updating global presentations to reflect locally relevant requirements , interacting with regional benefit, Leave of Absence, HR Ops and Payroll teams for Advice to Pay, and ensure LATAM profit share calculations are applied appropriately by payroll;
- Supports the maintenance of ServiceNow ticketing system for Compensation issues;
- Assist with meeting/staff training preparation.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of 2 years related human resource, employee compensation, benefits experience;
- Experience with reporting and processing confidential employee information;
- Self-motivated and self-managed, a problem-solver, passionate, articulate, autonomous, driven, and a natural connector of people;
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills, and use that to partner with and influence stakeholders, from leadership to entry level, and with our Regional Compensation and Benefits team;
- Ability to juggle priorities with ease and know how to make good trade-offs when needed.
- PHR certification is a plus.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Paid holidays in addition to the vacation/sick days
- Booking.com discounts
- Health Insurance Plan
- Contributions to 401K Plan
- Continuous learning opportunities, access to huge library of free, online training courses
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.