Booking.com, the largest business of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 1.000.000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels, and subsequently processed and translated into earnings.
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
The Chargeback Specialist has a primary responsibility for processing all vendor chargeback claims within company standards in a timely manner. This will include posting all chargeback payments and reconciling/ validating any chargeback discrepancies and cause of discrepancy. Other responsibilities will include drafting correspondence, tracking documents, maintaining status reports, and coordinating other legal and formal matters with the business groups.
- Research responses to defenses and/or allegations raised in legal pleadings
- Draft professional correspondences to high value chargebacks and formal complaints
- Provides summaries and detailed analysis, risk, causes and proposed action plan to address issue. Corrective actions may include mitigating potential loss or changes in company practices or procedures.
- The position will require the reviewing of complex/unique situations regarding underwriting, chargeback and fraud patterns with senior staff in order to make recommendations for actions in regard to these issues.
- Reconcile chargeback claim discrepancies to validate accuracy of payments according to department guidelines.
- Monitor retrieval and chargeback activity on a daily basis, determining the most appropriate course of action to minimize loss and exposure as a result of the activity
- Consult with merchants, agents, law enforcement, and other related entities when required
- Identify and investigate high risk transactions with Card Issuing Banks, consumers, merchants, and all relevant parties
- Make decisions regarding merchant payments and reserve requirements
- Communicate to merchants regarding account restrictions, reserves, and cancellations
- Utilize Internet tools to gather information useful in determining account risk
- Other related duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1+ years of experience related to both Ecommerce fraud prevention and a chargeback dispute function.
- The ability to work in a complex and changing environment with minimal supervision, make independent decisions and work within a team environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are needed in order to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills preferred.
- Investigative skills
- Independent, self-motivated and conscientious
- Detail oriented and excellent organization skills
- Ability to make critical business decisions based upon review process
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Chargeback Specialist. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top