Business Continuity Manager
Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is the world leader in booking accommodations online. Every day, more than 1.000.000 room nights are reserved through our public website and other channels. Our global Customer Service (CS) team consists of over 5,500 international professionals working 24/7 in fourteen global sites covering more than 40 languages.
As a consequence of our growth, being prepared for incidents, and especially a crisis, requires increased attention. Therefore, we are looking for a Business Continuity Manager for our Global Customer Service department. Booking.com’s first value is to provide the best customer experience. For this purpose, as an E-commerce company, we have the need to ensure 24/7 operations of services towards our customers.
As Business Continuity Manager you are responsible for coordinating, developing and communicating an effective recovery and contingency plan to mitigate unforeseen events and severe outages affecting Customer Service sites. You will ensure we remain operational, even in case disruptive events take place, such as natural disasters (e.g. earthquakes, volcano eruptions), safety threats, cyber threats, and human failures. In this role you will work closely with the Global Support teams, regional Customer Service teams, voice teams and topic specialists to identify areas that will support the defining, development and ongoing management of the Business Continuity Plan.
The Business Continuity Manager is part of the CS Operations Support team and reports to the Director CS Operations Support. In this senior role you will manage a small team and you will be based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain comprehensive business contingency plans
- Create a clear communication structure to engage with all business units on contingency planning
- Ensure coordination of continued administrative duties to update the business contingency plans
- Provide continuity with a risk-based approach, being factual and data driven
- Determine and maintain continuity measures, and support relevant continuity measures being available
- Manage incidents and crisis and ensure the organization has an effective response to major disruptions that threaten its survival. Also safeguard the interests of key stakeholders, reputation, brand, financials and value creating activities of the company.
- Keep the customer at the center of what we do, and ensure they always have a positive customer experience during a crisis.
- Booking.com wants to go the extra mile for our customers to drive great experience, even in times of crisis we believe in unconditional support towards both our guests & Partners: within this role you will be developing processes that contribute to the customer experience in times of incidents or crisis
- You will be pro-actively working on these processes with other Global Support teams on guidance towards our operation & customers when an incident or crisis occurs.
- 5+ years of experience with business continuity within a Customer Service organization
- Demonstrated track record of defining initiatives and leading them from start to finish on a global scope
- Experience in executing global or large scale initiatives/changes preferred
- Customer-focused, independent worker, high sense of responsibility and target focused
- Good communicator (on several levels) and ability to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills, including proven track record of guiding business decisions through data-driven insights
- Ability to translate business needs into action plan;
- Think strategically and operate practically
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
Required education and experience:
- 5+ years knowledge in developing and managing Business Continuity Plans
- Experience in project management, commercial roles;
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, dynamic environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus and stock potential. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996,
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top