Business Applications Specialist
As a Business Applications Specialist within our Partner Marketing Team, you are responsible for the management of tools and features that are developed by external parties. You will work with external companies to identify, innovate and optimize tools, processes and features used by our 190+ offices and our 1.000.000+ accommodation partners worldwide.
Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace, and respond quickly and confidently to change is essential for success in this role. This is a high impact role and commercial awareness, great communication skills and strong business sense are a must.
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver systems enhancements. Support and upgrade implemented systems;
- Set the vision for innovation on the use of 3rd party tools and then relentlessly test and learn in order to improve performance;
- Manage relationships with vendors and drive innovation to automate and scale business systems;
- Liaise with key company stakeholders including senior management, IT teams and local managers to identify opportunities to add value using 3rd party tools and to drive implementation across Partner Marketing;
- Research impactful uses of technical innovation to enhance/replace the existing tools;
- Partner with internal business teams in developing delivery roadmaps, defining business processes and associated system requirements as well as detailed project plans;
- Take a data-driven approach, using both qualitative and quantitative methods to generate, validate and evaluate ideas.
- 5+ years of experience working at a web-based company;
- Solid experience in full project and system implementation life-cycles (analyse, design, build, test, implement, support);
- Proven success in working/liaising with external parties/vendors;
- An ability to translate business needs into technical requirements, and prioritize them according to business value;
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to assess the true value of tools used;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to create successful business relationships with a large variety of stakeholders;
- Data driven, customer focused, proactive, creative and innovative;
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies for project design and analysis;
- Pragmatic and results-focused;
- Great attention to detail;
- Able to work well independently and within a team; with a “can do” attitude toward problem solving;
- Experienced with Web Analytics software such as Google Analytics;
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology is a plus, but not required;
- Experience in the travel industry and/or a B2B role is a plus.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Business Applications Specialist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top