Business Analyst – Commercial Excellence
Within Booking.com BV we aim to provide our guests with the widest choice of experiences at the best possible prices. Partner Services focuses on providing a relevant partner base with the best offerings to our guests. In order to do so we engage with existing and future partners to realise this goal.
To support this strategy, we are setting up a new Global Commercial Services team within our Partner Services Department: Commercial Excellence. The Commercial Excellence Team is supporting our local offices (contact centres & local offices) and drive strategic organisational change to be become an effective channel to engage with our partners. The main responsibility of this team is to drive the commercial success of Booking.com BV by redesign our target operating model and the go-to market approach of our local offices (contact centres & local offices).
Within the Commercial Excellence team, we are looking for a Business Analyst. You will be exploring and proposing commercial opportunities on a global level to increase partner engagement and experience and bring more value to our guests. You will then be expected to present your findings in a meaningful way through data visualization best practices.
Moreover, you might be required to build dashboards and reports to monitor the evolution of the commercial opportunities.
In this role you will mainly work together with Commercial Excellence Specialists, Global Commercial Excellence managers, Partners Services tracks, Product teams and Analytics.
- Use creative, innovative and strategic thinking to identify different commercial opportunities to further improve partner performance and engagement while using a data-driven approach
- Communicate proactively with other analysts to understand market/regional trends
- Design and create the reporting needed to monitor the performance of the initiatives worked on
- Produce intelligence through data analysis and articles to assist commercial specialists
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, scenarios and benchmarking when needed.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated track record of identifying and proposing commercial opportunities (3+ years of analyst experience)
- Strong technical skills, statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
- Demonstrated experience in preparing meaningful reporting / dashboard to monitor results and provide insights on product performance.
- Experience in Tableau / other data visualization tools is a plus.
- Very high problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to simplify complex areas
- Able to work well independently and within a team
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- Advance knowledge of Excel
- e-Commerce Revenue Management experience is advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Fluent English speaker
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Business Analyst - Commercial Excellence in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top