Area Manager – South China
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the China hotel, OTA, travel related, supply management to lead and develop a well performing team in order to support Booking.com BV's acquisition of new hotels partners and optimizing the relationship with those already existing.
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for coordinating the multiple account management teams for key destinations or areas in China. You will also be responsible for the account management of key hotels groups in the assigned area. You support Booking.com BV by create operational medium to long-term plans, quantity and quality reports and are accountable for the long-term growth of the area, the accomplishment of targets as well as developing and successful and coaching talents within your teams. You will report directly to the Regional Manager.
You will be responsible for the Partner Services team in the appointed region, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You will be reporting to the Regional Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviours and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and motivate a team of Account managers & Senior Account managers;
- Lead and manage Offices in China
- Use tools to analyze hotel/city performance and to prioritize actions;
- Create operational plans;
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc
- Responsible for area coverage, internal targets and long-term growth of the assigned area;
- Be a medium for complaints and problems;
- Support Booking.com BV in practicing allotment management; getting more availability and better rates;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports for information support to Booking.com BV;
- Advise hotels about internet strategies;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits;
- Assist Booking.com BV in marketing its brand name to hotels;
- Support Booking.com BV in expanding hotel networks;
- Lead and develop a strong performing team;
- Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within China;
- Support Booking.com BV's strategy for hotel availability and supply within China;
- Analyze and identify existing areas;
- Support Booking.com BV in manage relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels, including visitations;
- Implement promotions based on seasonality of the appointed area;
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the Partner Services team for the appointed area;
- Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on hotel availability and supply within China;
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership experience;
- Excellent understanding of the hotel market;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and business skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Valid driver’s license is a plus;
- Fluent in English
- Availability to travel up to 50%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of China market;
- 5 – 7 years+ of experience in a relevant function;
- 2 – 5 years+ proven management experience;
- University level degree.
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Area Manager - South China. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top