Area Manager – Puerto Rico
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the hospitality industry to lead and develop a well-performing team in order to support Booking.com BV's acquisition of new properties and optimizing the relationship with those already existing.
Based in the San Juan office you will be responsible for a team in the region, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com.
You will be reporting to the Regional Manager in improving availability and supply and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
- Lead and develop a well-performing team
- Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within caribbean.
- Support Booking.com BV's-strategy for hotel availability and supply within caribbean.
- Analyze and identify existing areas
- Manage relationships with new hotel chains or for important hotels and properties
- Visit the important properties
- Implement promotions based on seasonality of the appointed area
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the team for the appointed area
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com
- Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on availability and supply within region
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth
- HR tasks (reviews/appraisals, training, recruitment of new staff); lead by example, demonstrate exceptional coaching and leadership skills to develop team members to meet targets and improve their account management skills.
- Promote Booking.com BV's brand name and its online reservation services to properties
- Extensive knowledge of Booking.com formula and processes
- 2-4 years of experience in a comparable management function
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of the hotel market
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and business skills
- Business focused
- Positive attitude
- Bachelors/University degree
- Driver's license
- Availability to travel
- Availability to cover the position in another office within San Juan if required, according to business needs
The hiring company Booking.com (Puerto Rico) LLC is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Puerto Rico. Booking.com (Puerto Rico) LLC is looking for a Area Manager - Puerto Rico. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top