Area Manager - Paris
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com (FRANCE) SAS based in Paris is looking for an Area Manager, who will be responsible for supporting the business in the fast-growing hotel markets as well as the Booking Home business for a specific area in France.
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for coordinating the multiple account management teams for key destinations or areas in France. You will also be responsible for the account management of key hotels groups in the assigned area. You will create strategic medium to long-term plans, quantity and quality reports and are accountable for the long-term growth of the area, the accomplishment of targets as well as developing and successful and coaching talents within your teams. You will report directly to the Regional Manager.
You will be responsible for a hotel team in the appointed region, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You will be reporting to the Regional Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, people management, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and motivate a team of Account managers & Senior Account managers;
- Use tools to analyze hotel/city performance and to prioritize actions;
- Create strategic plans;
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc
- Responsible for area coverage and long-term growth of the assigned area;
- Be a medium for complaints and problems;
- Take care of negotiations and contracts;
- Practice allotment management; getting more availability and better rates;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports;
- Advise hotels about internet strategies;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits;
- Market our brand name to hotels;
- Expand hotel networks;
- Lead and develop a well performing team;
- Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within France;
- Support Booking.com BV's strategy for hotel availability and supply within France;
- Analyze and identify existing areas;
- Manage relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels, including visitations;
- Implement promotions based on seasonality of the appointed area;
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the hotel team for the appointed area;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com;
- Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on hotel availability and supply within France;
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth.
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership experience;
- Excellent understanding of the hotel market;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and business skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Valid driver's license;
- Availability to travel up to 50%.
- Fluent English and French.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 - 7 years+ of experience in a relevant function;
- 2 - 5 years+ proven management experience;
- University level degree.
Back to top