Area Manager – Germany North (Temporary)
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com Deutschland., one of the support companies in Germany, is looking for an Area Manager to support our Hamburg and Berlin offices.
This is a full-time position based in either our Berlin or Hamburg office. We are offering a maternity leave cover contract.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
As Area Manager you will be responsible for coordinating the multiple account management teams for key destinations or areas in Germany, managing and motivating employees in the teams. You will also be responsible for the account management of key hotel groups in the assigned area. You will create strategic medium to long-term plans, quantity and quality reports and are accountable for the sustainable performance of the area as well as developing and coaching talents within your teams.
You will report directly to the Regional Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and motivate a team of Account managers & Senior Account managers;
- Use tools to analyze hotel/city performance and to prioritize actions;
- Create strategic plans;
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc.;
- Responsible for coverage and performance of the assigned area;
- Be a medium for complaints and problems;
- Take care of negotiations and contracts;
- Practice allotment management; improving availability and better rates;
- Advise hotels about internet strategies;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits;
- Improve hotel networks;
- Support Booking.com BV's strategy for hotel availability and supply within Germany
- Analyze and identify existing areas;
- Manage relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels;
- Monitor and manage performance of the hotel team for the appointed area;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com;
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth.
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and drive to succeed;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership experience;
- Excellent understanding of the hotel market;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and business skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Valid driver's license;
- Availability to travel up to 50%.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Booking.com formula and processes;
- 5 – 7 years+ of experience in a relevant function;
- 2 – 5 years+ proven management experience;
- University level degree.
The hiring company Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Germany. Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is looking for a Area Manager - Germany North (Temporary). Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top