Area Manager Experiences
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Booking Experiences is a new division within Booking.com and focuses on providing a full and diverse range of products and services in the Experiences industry (tours, activities, museums, attractions etc.) to our guests and beyond.
With the growth of live cities in the APAC region, we have an exciting opportunity for an Area Manager position to be based either in Singapore or Bangkok or Sydney/Melbourne Office.
The area will depend of the successful candidate will be centred around APAC, with the Area manager leading a team of market managers, as well as owning their own portfolio of live destinations. The successful candidate will report to the (Global Commercial Manager/Regional Manager EMEA) taking full ownership of the area.
This position will require a hands on individual who will be able to balance leading a remote team with managing their own destination portfolio. You will assist Booking.com with translating its strategy on how to grow Booking.com Experiences in the appointed area and build, grow and develop a team of successful Market Managers in order to support Booking.com Experiences globally.
If you are looking for a role where you can disrupt the norms of the market, work autonomously and exercise your entrepreneurial spirit this is the right role for you.
- As the Area Manager you will be personally responsible for a the portfolio of the location you are based in
- Support the growth of Booking.com Experiences locally
- Support Booking.com BV in building and maintaining a professional network within the Experiences industry (tours, activities, museums, attractions, tourism boards etc.)
- Providing information support to Booking.com Experiences by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and improve operational efficiency.
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com Experiences
- Provide local perspective on preferred approach by working closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders across Strategic Partnerships, Partner Services
- Aggregating and analysing feedback to support future product initiatives, and solve ongoing issues
- Leverage existing customers relationships to build a network of product ambassadors for Booking.com BV's Experience travel products & services
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on long-term goals and new initiatives to support Booking.com BV in maximizing growth and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability in a data driven environment to work with different partners, national bodies and corporate relationships to promote growth.
- HR tasks (reviews/appraisals, training, recruitment of new staff) as well as development of existing team members
- Support the promotion of Booking.com Experiences brand name
- Knowledge of Booking.com Experience formula and processes
- Successful track-record of 3+ years in managing new and existing partnerships in the B2B travel industry
- 2+ years of experience in a comparable management function with an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Strong proven local market background
- Proven experience in building up new markets
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
- Fluent English speaker and writer and able to speak the language of the country you are based in
- An extra language is a preference
- Ability to envision, articulate, and execute a compelling future for the business;
- Ability to manage across teams, geographies, cultures, functions, external organisations and partners;
- Knowledge of relevant industry trends shaping the online travel market and the ability to anticipate potential impacts;
- Bachelors/University degree
- Extensive network in the B2B travel industry and good understanding of the dynamics of the travel industry, particularly for in-destination services
- Target driven, analytical and able to operate in a data driven business environment
- Hungry, but humble
- Able to use Excel, PowerPoint or any other technology to help you manage opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with the right people at the right level
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Area Manager Experiences. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Back to top