Area Manager Connectivity Partnerships – APAC
Booking.com B.V. is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player.
We are looking for an Area Manager Connectivity for Asia Pacific.
The Connectivity Partnerships team is part of the partner services department and managing the ecosystem of technology companies, who are providing IT solutions for Booking.com BV's accommodation partners, ranging from channel management and property management systems to online booking engines and revenue management. The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team in Amsterdam is to become the trusted advisor for Booking.com's connectivity partners. To develop existing and recruit new connectivity partnerships to drive a joint and healthy business operation and accelerate on a mutual growth ambition.
As the world's leading accommodation site, Booking.com is at the center of a fast transforming market where guests expect the best possible experience in arranging their travel accommodation. To lead this transformation and to deliver on Booking.com's mission, it's of strategic importance to drive a high adoption of the products and connectivity innovations by Booking.com's eco-system of connectivity partners.
As an Area Manager Connectivity, you are responsible for day to day management and professional development of the members of the Connectivity team in Asia Pacific. And the functional management of the members of the Connectivity team in the local offices in this region. This role includes aligning priorities to Booking.com's strategy, setting ambitious and motivating goals, and resource planning for a team with multiple direct and indirect reports.
You will be responsible to ensure that you and your team will directly support Booking.com BV's connectivity- and accommodation partners as well as provide support for internal teams i.e. account management teams in local partner services departments.
In this role you will be based in Singapore and report directly to the Regional Director BookingSuite & Connectivity Partnerships and will work closely with other Connectivity teams across the globe, Booking Suite, Booking Home and other Product teams at headquarters in Amsterdam.
- Assist Booking.com BV with driving sustainable growth of Connectivity Partnerships and meet quarterly business objectives
- Translate Booking.com's global strategy from headquarters and adapt to local needs in Asia Pacific. And owning the end-to-end execution of this strategy in the region.
- Provide regular business updates in the region, maintaining a strong connection with central teams.
- Be the first point of contact for Connectivity team at headquarters for Asia Pacific
- Build and extend a strong relationship with key current accommodation and IT/Connectivity partners as well as potential future partners of Booking.com BV;
- Drive next level account management with Connectivity Partners, based on mutual consent, actionable business plans and driving joint benefits.
- Day-to-day management of a team of Connectivity Partner Business Manager and functional management and guidance of Connectivity Partner Business Manager in the local offices in the region. Including the professional development and regular coaching of team members;
- Responsible for motivating the team in pursuit of optimization of partner connections both on hotel chain and IT/Connectivity Partner level
- Support identifying opportunities to enhance or innovate on Connectivity interfaces including new initiatives such as Booking Suite and Booking Home
- 5+ years of experience in partner development, sales, business development in the technology industry.
- 3+ years of experience in managing a remote community of partner business managers with direct reports in multiple office locations.
- People management experience, managing an effective team and attracting and growing talent.
- Strong business orientation on trends and development in the hotel technology industry.
- A good understanding of cloud business models and how applications & services are brought to market.
- Passionate about technology and support: You live and breathe to create solutions, and you love the feeling of satisfying partners and building long lasting, impactful business relationships.
- Natural habit to engage with C-Level executives and ability to shift gears to technology when needed.
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
- Great communicator with ability to work with, influence, and align with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- Knowledgeable of OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, is a strong plus.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plus
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time
The hiring company Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Singapore. Booking.com (Singapore) Pte Ltd. is looking for a Area Manager Connectivity Partnerships - APAC. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Partner Marketing Manager
Julie determines which marketing programs will deliver the strongest results for Booking.com business partners in order to ensure long, strong, and successful relationships.
Back to top