Area Manager Connectivity – New York City
We are looking for an Area Manager Connectivity in our New York City office.
As an Area Manager Connectivity North America you are responsible for day to day management and professional development of the members of the Connectivity team in NORAM and the functional management of the members of the Connectivity team in the local offices in NORAM. This role includes goal setting, resource planning and priority setting for a team with multiple direct and indirect reports. Your team will support Booking.com BV's accommodation partners and external connectivity companies as well as provide support for internal teams such as the local Partner Services Department account management teams. You report to the Regional Manager Connectivity.
The main objective of this role is to execute the global Connectivity strategy in the region, to optimize the overall performance of IT/Connectivity partners; to guide, develop and motivate your team of remote Account Managers and Coordinators, and to assist the local hotel teams in their cooperation with accommodation partners in their countries through Connectivity.
You will be responsible to ensure that you and your team have strong relationships with key partners including the connectivity teams of Booking.com BV's accommodation partners and IT/Connectivity companies. In this role you will work closely with other Connectivity teams across the globe, Booking Suite, Booking Home and other Product teams at Head quarters in Amsterdam.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of a team of coordinator(s) and account managers;
- Be the first point of contact for Central Connectivity team at headquarters for North America;
- Functional management and guidance of the Account Managers in the local offices in North America;
- Drive next level account management, driving growth and expertise within the team
- Preparation of and leading in execution of annual and quarterly Connectivity department action plans, objectives, goal setting and reviews;
- Professional development and regular coaching of team members;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key current accommodation and IT/Connectivity partners as well as potential future partners of Booking.com BV;
- Responsible for ensuring all Booking.com's IT partner accounts have comprehensive account plans and actions defined
- Ensure that the NORAM Booking.com Connectivity team is well known and respected as an active part of the hospitality technology community;
- Responsible for motivating team in pursuit of optimization of partner connections both on hotel chain and IT/Connectivity Partner level
- Analyze the accommodations on interface for improvements to make on the accommodation/IT/Connectivity side;
- If needed handle XML integrations of hotel chains and individual hotels;
- Communicate market needs.
- Translate global strategy from headquarters and adapt to local needs in North America, owning from end to end the execution of this strategy in the region.
- Help identifying opportunities to enhance or innovate on Connectivity interfaces including new initiatives such as BookingSuite and Booking Home
- Provide regular updates on progress and impediments on activities in the region, maintaining a strong connection with central teams
- 5 years of experience in managing a technical account management operations support team with direct reports in multiple office locations (Hospitality/Travel Industry preferred)
- 3 years of experience in a relevant account management function; including recent experience in account planning, and departmental planning
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry preferably in IT, Connectivity or Distribution Support or Commercial teams;
- Technical background is a must;
- Knowledge of and experience with OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, XML based messaging and SQL a strong plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver's license;
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Area Manager Connectivity - New York City. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top