Area Manager Business Travel – DACH & East EU
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Booking.com for Business focusses on providing a diverse range of accommodation choices for business travellers as well as ensuring they can find, manage and enjoy company stays in the simplest, smartest and most rewarding way.
Based in Berlin, the successful candidate will report to the Regional Director Business Travel taking full ownership of the area. You will translate the strategy on how to grow Booking.com for Business in the appointed area and build, grow and develop a team of successful (Senior) Account Managers in order to support Booking.com for Business.
If you are looking for a role where you can disrupt the norms of the market, work autonomously and exercise your entrepreneurial spirit this could be the right role for you.
- Co-develop the Booking.com for Business local & growth strategy and own implementation
- Support Booking.com BV in building and maintaining a professional network within the B2B travel space;
- Providing information support to Booking.com for Business by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and improve operational efficiency.
- Deliver quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com for Business
- Provide local perspective on preferred approach by working closely with internal cross-functional stakeholders across Partner Services, Customer Experience, Marketing, Product, and Analytics.
- Aggregating and analyzing feedback to support future product initiatives, and solve ongoing issues
- Leverage existing customers relationships to build a network of product ambassadors for Booking.com BV's business travel products & services
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on long-term goals and new initiatives to support Booking.com BV in maximizing growth and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability in a data driven environment to work with different OBE's, TMC's and corporate relationships to promote growth
- Where and if necessary be the public face of Booking.com for Business in the region
- HR tasks (reviews/appraisals, training, recruitment of new staff)
- Promote Booking.com for Business brand name
- Knowledge of Booking.com for Business formula and processes
- 5+ years relevant role within the online travel, SaaS, e-commerce or business travel industries
- 2+ years of experience in a comparable management function with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Willing to travel 50% of the time
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Ability to envision, articulate, and execute a compelling future for the business;
- Ability to manage across teams, geographies, cultures, functions, external organisations and partners;
- Knowledge of relevant industry trends shaping the online travel market and the ability to anticipate potential impacts;
- Bachelors/University degree
The hiring company Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in Germany. Booking.com (Deutschland) GmbH is looking for a Area Manager Business Travel - DACH & East EU. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top