Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission - to empower people to experience the world - is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. We have scaled at incredible speed and we are currently embarking on our next chapter - experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments - and we are actively recruiting the next generation of experienced professionals.
The Application Specialist for People Systems performs Configuration activities on different People Systems supporting a number of different modules. The Application Specialist People Systems researches, designs, documents, maintains and implements new functionality in People Systems like Workday focussing on user experience, scalable design and best practises. Responsible for implementing scalable and secure configurations in Workday along with fixing issues raised by the Business owners. Proactively monitors new features released by Workday and other People Systems applications and identifies and promotes changes to improve System design and user experience.
- This role sits within the People Systems area of "Application Specialist People Systems" for global support and works with various business COE's to gather requirements, implement the solutions in Workday.
- Act as a liaison between People COE's, Payroll Operations, People Operations, People Systems and all other stakeholders.
- Collaborate and align for the regional and global configurations with the Technical and Application team in the EMEA, APAC & NORAM regions.
- Partner with other stakeholders such as Risk and Control, IT Services, Finance, Procurement, WFM, Workday Implementation Partners and Application vendors to implement technology solutions.
- Manage system errors/bugs and enhancement requests including support ticket resolution, prioritisation, and updates
- Participate in Workday Functional development by leveraging and being an active member of the Workday Community: posting Brainstorms, joining User Groups, collaborating in forums, etc.
- Document and maintain Workday Configuration designs for our implemented modules.
- End to end ownership of providing solution after doing the impact assessment and checking SOx impact on People Systems controls
- Adhere to People Systems SOx controls to maintain and implement configurations in Workday
- Strong technical background and a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar;
- 3+ Years of Workday modules such as Workday HCM & Security, Recruitment, Performance & Talent, Compensation, Benefits
- Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) , Report Writer, Calculated fields
- Experience in designing, configuration, and testing Workday
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop Workday Studio integration
- Experience with applications like Workday is a must have. Greenhouse, Eightfold, ServiceNow is preferred.
- Workday Pro certification is preferred.
- Basic Workday Integrations knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills