Android Developer - Engagement- Accommodations Tech
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
It wasn't so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York's iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that's what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we're busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet's beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Accommodation Business Unit
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
About the Book Process team
In this team you will be working in the heart of the Accommodation business unit. Once a customer knows what property they want to book, it is up to us to make their checkout process the simplest, most efficient experience. And to repeat that same experience millions of times for all our customers. We are also laying out a roadmap for replatforming our entire area to a more modern, scalable, flexible and performant codebase, which translates to plenty of technical challenges and learning opportunities to further your professional growth. We are a diverse group of people, with lots of passion for quality and doing the right thing, even when it means hard work. Come join us. You are guaranteed a fun, exciting time.
As Android developer you will be responsible for:
- Owning the customer experience apps (maintaining parity with features on the web platforms)
- Engaging Booking's Android community to find highly convenient, familiar APIs, so that developers across the business consider the Design System as the go-to solution for building new features
- Pushing the boundaries of native UI Android to deliver consistent, scalable solutions that deliver performant, low-maintenance experiences
- Exploring, testing and validating how alternative UI frameworks can introduce improved flexibility and performance into existing products
- Monitor and understand customer behavior
- Solve issues prioritizing based on customer impact
- Collaborate with back end developers, designers, product owners to constantly improve the customer experience
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products customers want to use. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our huge scale.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer Java and/or Kotlin and other languages
- At least 3 years of this experience must be from working with Android SDK
- Strong interaction and design sense, excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You're not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Back to top