- Manchester, United Kingdom
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we've been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we're building a platform that connects all parts of the trip - from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
Our Transportation team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Our team is passionate about helping people travel. They see challenges as opportunities. And they're always ready for change.
Where we are going
- Cross functional agile teams who own their products in a Continuous Delivery DevOps environment
- Revolutionise our online customer experience through a great website and mobile app
- Data driven decisions using Kibana, Hadoop, monitoring, Big Data, MI and MVT testing
- Continuous improvement, keeping it simple and developing the team
- Great engineering practices with a focus on TDD and BDD principles and a strong focus on non-functional requirements at the beginning rather than an afterthought
- Decoupled service orientated architecture with resilience and adaptability built in
What we offer in return
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit and cycle hub
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Software development kit that works
- Coach, mentor, support, teach and inspire the Product Teams in software delivery.
- Work with multiple, cross-functional teams to deliver high value to the business.
- Own, develop and drive a coaching backlog and the adoption of Software Delivery values, principles and practices.
- Challenge product and engineering to think in an evolutionary manner and support the transformations.
- Have fun.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Agile Coach to join our team and help us continue to adopt the appropriate agile delivery techniques within our product teams. Additionally, the Agile Coach will help people outside the Product Teams understand the benefits of iterative software delivery.
Our agile coaches are:
- Experienced in leading software delivery.
- Focused on continuous improvement - both within the coaching team and the product teams.
- Coaching a variety of disciplines within product teams including product owners, developers, testers, UX etc.
- Guiding teams to think customer first.
- Helping to set up teams, motivating and inspiring the team and getting the best out of them.
- Can clearly communicate with all team members with varied backgrounds and senior stakeholders
- Clear on the difference between outputs and outcomes.
- Strong in negotiating and influencing skills
- Can tell a strong story and explain the why.
- Exploring agile principles in new and engaging ways.
- Working as a team and using agile principles and values in our team life as well as with the product teams.
- Knowledge and experience of Lean working and principles.
- Experience of BDD / TDD / HDD.
- Software engineering background.
- Teaching, mentoring, supporting people.
If you want to manage your own coaching backlog and have an exciting work environment with great facilities, real freedom to challenge the status quo and help teams make improvements then this could be the opportunity for you!
Don't be put off if you don't tick every box - the coaching team are a support network to each other as well as the business - come and show us what you can bring to the team. Challenge our status quo!
Back to top