Accountant – North Asia
In this role you report directly to the Controller North Asia in Shanghai. You will be based in Shanghai.
The role involves interaction with business managers, functional teams, head office in Amsterdam, other finance colleagues and local accountants. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Maintain General Ledger for Booking.com North Asia entities, including expense declarations, fixed assets, accounts payable, bank and salaries;
- Deal with relevant authorities for both transactional operations and management support
- Closely involved in month end process including preparation of journal entries, Overhead accruals, Prepayment and Intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Preparation of monthly closing binder and (if applicable) preparation of annual statutory accounts;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review of own accounting work;
- Assist and co-ordinate statutory audits;
- Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant and meet Internal Audit requirements;
- Working closely with and also support the Accounting Team in Singapore and Amsterdam to ensure team objectives are met;
- Initiative in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects.
- A minimum of 5 years' total finance experience and a minimum of 3 years' experience in similar role in multinational companies;
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent;
- Possession of CPA, ACCA, or CGA will be an advantage;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) preferable;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Strong accounting skills, accurate and analytical;
- Team-player; pro-active, sense of responsibility;
- Being able to work under stress and with deadlines;
- Well organized, ability to manage multiple tasks & prioritize workload
- Adapt to international working environment
- Proficient in English
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV's and/or BookingSuite BV's support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Accountant - North Asia . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com's™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to "Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Commercial Owner, New Partnerships
Morten looks at how to make the process of adding commercial partnerships more efficient and profitable. His main goal is adding accommodation partners to the platform to help Booking.com grow.
Back to top