Account Manager – Calgary
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast- growing hotel markets.
Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc., one of the support companies in the Canada, is seeking an Account Manager – Hotels for our Calgary, Alberta office.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You will support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in Canada. You will create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com. You will inform hotels about Booking.com and provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com’s system. You will assist the Supply Manager on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visit the important hotels in your territory;
- Support Booking.com BV’s strategy for hotel availability and supply within Canada;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Responsible for area coverage;
- Inform hotels and advise on allotment, availability and supply;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information and advice by phone and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com’s system;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up;
- Be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time.
Required Experience and Education:
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Driver’s license.
The hiring company Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Canada. Canada Booking.com Online Reservations Inc. is looking for a Account Manager – Calgary. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Meet Some of Booking.com's Employees
Director of Product
Anne-Sophie oversees product managers and developers who create new features for Booking.com’s attractions, tours, and activity launches, ensuring travelers continue to have great experiences.
Back to top