Bonobos is looking for a Wholesale Manager to oversee and lead our sales team with a focus on driving performance and account growth, all while aiding to the development of the strategic direction of our wholesale business.
At our core, Bonobos is a digitally native brand but as we’ve grown, a key part of our expansion has been a more old-fashioned (pun intended!) approach when it comes to the wholesale side of the business. On a daily basis, our wholesale team is focused on maintaining existing relationships with key accounts and identifying new partnerships and points of distribution for our brand.
As our Wholesale Manager, you will oversee the support of our existing accounts, drive the expansion of the Bonobos wholesale business to new accounts and initiate sales strategies to bring awareness and growth to all points of wholesale distribution. In this highly cross-functional role, you will interface with the Planning and Merchandising teams to ensure we’re achieving monthly receipt targets. You’ll also help architect seasonal assortments by account that maximizes profitability and fuels year-over-year growth by classification. You’ll also collaborate with our Visual and Retail teams to implement best practices within the Wholesale field in order to align visual merchandising and brand standards.
What you'll do...
- Utilize and manage the use of weekly sales reporting to analyze weekly business by account, and communicate in-season opportunities to respective buying teams to fuel sales, and achieve/exceed targets
- Attend all sales quarterly sales meetings and market appointments
- Conduct the review of weekly KPIs -- sales, turn, sell-thru, return rate, etc. -- and react strategically to manage the profitability of each business
- Focus on keeping returns to a minimum across all accounts by initiating swaps
- Oversee and manage our sales team, driving performance as well as account growth
- Set pre-season sales targets and in-season re-order targets for sales teams to achieve (and exceed) yearly receipt goals
- Oversee field travel, as well as the creation and execution of product knowledge materials and trainings
- Optimize sales opportunities by location through added assortment opportunities through recommendations with buying teams
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years of wholesale sales experience or other relevant experience with a high volume, multi-major account base in Retail
- Get bonus points if you have menswear experience!
- Are a self-starter and solution-oriented team player
- Are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example
- Have excellent technical skills and would be considered an excel ninja, with a black belt in formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal!) skills including presentation skills
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path
- Are excited to travel (approximately 30%) and eager to visit stores with our sales team
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top