Bonobos is looking for a Technical Recruiter to help us attract, source, evaluate and close on the best engineering, product, data science and design talent in the world.
It’s a big job, with an even bigger vision behind it. As we expand our world-class engineering and product teams, we need a dedicated Technical Recruiter to help us source top talent…in most cases, before it ever hits the market. What we’re looking for is very specific and includes a healthy balance of technical knowledge and a deep desire to be a part of a team that is building world-class customer experiences.
Ideally, you have agency experience with a passion to move in-house, understanding the hunger required to succeed in the former and the finesse required to succeed in the latter. Armed with the ability to ‘Always be networking, sourcing and closing,’ you understand that the speed at which things happen in the world of technical recruitment means you have to be diligent and swift while still being genuine and thorough. You recognize that there is an almost palpable difference between the ‘A Players’ and the ‘A+ Players’ and you pride yourself on only delivering the latter. You'll get involved in Talent Acquisition initiatives far beyond the day-to-day recruiting process. And to ensure that we provide you with a well-rounded experience, you'll also have the opportunity to recruit cross-functionally with other teams outside of Technology from time-to-time. Sound fun? You're right. It is.
And because we don’t believe in traditionally run HR Departments (or traditional anything, for that matter), you will be actively involved in our employee’ careers and lives at Bonobos, far beyond their accepted offer. In other words, you have to truly care about what you do and whom you do it for. We don’t hire candidates; we hire people. And it’s your job to ensure they feel like that every single day. From the initial interview through their multi-year anniversary with us, you will act as a confidante and guide for our team members, ensuring they stay engaged, challenged and connected to what we are doing. And for you - it opens up a whole new world of recruitment with opportunities for growth that are rare, at best and thrilling at every turn.
What you’ll do…
- Lead the entire full-cycle recruitment process for all technology searches: sourcing, screening, scheduling, coordination, closing and celebrating
- Specialize in recruiting on all positions in Engineering, Product, UX, Insights & Analytics and IT
- Partner with and support hiring managers across all technology roles in order to create and enhance our recruitment strategy and experience
- Own the candidate experience by keeping an efficient interview schedule and on-going communication throughout the interview process
- Create new and outside-the-box ways to source and uncover the best talent for our open roles
- Train and educate hiring managers on best recruitment practices and interview etiquette
- Maintain a successful onboarding for all new hires by providing detailed information to both the new employee and hiring manager
- Facilitate new employee check-ins to ensure the employee is off to a great start and to receive feedback on hiring and onboarding process
- Have at least 3-5 years experience as a full life-cycle technical recruiter (We heart agency experience)
- Have a thorough understanding of the technical employment market in NYC
- Are a strategic thinker and use a variety of tools and channels to source your talent
- Are an advocate for your candidates, even while keeping the best interest of the company in mind
- Operate responsibly when given goals and the autonomy to decide for yourself how to best achieve them
- Understand the importance of relationship building and patience…even in a whirlwind environment like this one
- Can take a plethora of data from your hiring managers and turn it into a clear and concise message of what they are looking for
- Are passionate about what a candidate experience should and should not be
- Want to work as part of a growing People team, where you will have a say in the direction and strategy of our growth as a team and company
- Are so beyond detail-oriented that you won't forget to mention nachos in your cover letter
- Have a broad range of knowledge on different programming languages and systems
- Are excited to have you work with our team on a wide range of amazing employee and candidate programs and initiatives
- Want to provide recruiters with the most fulfilling, challenging and exciting career experience possible
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also value personal downtime that does not include discussions about clothes (selling it, designing it, marketing it…wearing it?)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top