Bonobos is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the team in timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes as well as analyses of financial activities.
As our Staff Accountant, you will assume ownership of a wide range of responsibilities. You'll do everything from reconciling monthly GL balances and executing our financial close process to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis. You must have a basic understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow) and how they relate to one another. A basic understanding of US GAAP and internal controls is a big plus.
You'll report to our Director of Accounting and will work closely with the rest of the Accounting team. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker and problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
What you'll do...
- Own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations to support our financial close process
- Will explain variances in the financial statements (budget vs. actuals) by performing in-depth analytics
- Work with various areas of the business to develop optimal procedures and support internal control documentation of these processes
- Maintain reporting of GL balances by business channel and assist in the regular forecasting process
- Provide assistance with all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field, and preferably are pursuing a CPA
- Have 2+ plus years of accounting experience with public accounting experience a plus
- Showcase strong problem solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and fashion; public company experience a bonus
- Are proficient in excel and ERP systems, preferably with experience in Net Suite or similar ERP
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Are looking for a team member who thrives in a fast paced environment and will know how to juggle multiple priorities
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy
- Are accountants on the inside but love to have fun
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top