Sr. Manager of Customer Experience Operations and Communications
Bonobos is looking for a Sr. Manager of Customer Experience (CX) Operations & Communication to lead a team to support the retail (Guideshop) and customer service (Ninja) teams as well as the customers they serve. This role will support the processes, tools, and communication used by customer-facing teams to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers, however they choose to shop.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail, and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
We’re looking for a dynamic and collaborative leader with a passion for building strong teams and innovative experiences. Reporting to our Sr. Director of Customer Experience, you will act as the cross-functional Guideshop and Ninja representative and lead the CX Operations & Communications team to drive customer experience and company profitability. You’ll be responsible for leading and developing a team as they oversee systems, communications, partnerships, and processes to enable the CX teams to deliver on growth expectations. Above all, you will ensure that we are offering a first class customer experience as our business grows.
You will liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration with CX teams, Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR, Technology, Store Construction, and Merchandising & Planning. You’ll also partner closely with teams within the Walmart organization to scale business processes.
What you'll do...
- Lead a team of four direct reports to support and advocate for the Guideshop/Ninja teams and the Bonobos customer experience
- Enhance the customer experience by working with partners across the organization to continually improve the tools, systems and communication used by Guides and Ninjas
- Manage payroll, scheduling, liquidation, and compliance tools & processes for CX teams
- Establish and monitor budgets and tools to drive continued improvement in expense control
- Assess current communications tools and practices for Guideshop and Ninja teams and develop recommendations and a roadmap to align messaging and tools for all CX teams
- Implement new communication tools and technology and iterate on existing communication strategy to enable clear and efficient communication between HQ, field leaders, Guides, and Ninjas
- Collaborate with Walmart and Bonobos teams to ensure compliance requirements are met and emergency procedures are in place
- Manage vendor relationships including platform/technology stability, feature enhancements, data accuracy, and reporting to ensure outstanding service for CX teams
- Partner with the cross-functional teams and our payment processor to enhance the customer payment and fraud management processes
- Partner with field leaders and cross-functional corporate partners to continually improve the new store opening strategy
- Oversee the continued development and maintenance of CX systems and operational processes
- Build relationships within the Walmart organization to find and implement opportunities to scale business processes
- Have 5-7 years of relevant retail operations or similar experience
- Are an experienced leader with the ability to build an engaged and highly-effective team
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to sell ideas and clearly explain concepts
- Are able to see other points-of-view while maintaining confident direction
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and think creatively to grow company profitability
- Are familiar with retail and e-commerce trends and best practices
- Are curious and like to experiment; you’re adaptable and comfortable with change
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (flex PTO!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, and awesome coworkers that feel like family
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top