Sr. Director of Communications
Bonobos is seeking a Senior Director of Communications to drive our communications strategy and execution, both internally and externally.
As Senior Director of Communications at Bonobos, you’ll be a player-coach. Reporting to the CMO, you’ll be responsible for designing, executing and measuring compelling internal and external communications. Furthermore, you'll be responsible for managing a team of public relations managers across corporate, consumer, fashion and lifestyle media, and will partner with internal cross functional teams including People Operations to deliver internal communications.
What you'll do...
- Define the goals, core strategies, and most efficient tactics to drive media coverage and reach consumers, influencers and investors across business, trade, and consumer press
- Proactively and reactively pitch media outlets for coverage on Bonobos across business and trade press, including developing communication platforms for key executives
- Manage a public relations team who devise and pitch stories for consumer and lifestyle press
- Work closely with the marketing leadership team to ensure your strategies and tactics influence and build on the broader marketing strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with human resources and people operations to message high level company changes and initiatives to corporate and field employees
- Budget effectively and track marketing spend on an ongoing basis
- Nurture and mentor a talented set of direct reports to maximize their potential
- Have 12+ years of PR/Communications experience in a consumer-driven businesses (ideally both agency and in-house experience)
- Have a proven track record of garnering media coverage with a wide range of media, including both business and consumer facing publications
- Are a creative thinker, who can develop compelling campaigns, partnerships and experiences that engage the consumer and drive the business
- Have experience managing a team at different levels of experience, bringing out the best in them everyday and setting them up for success
- Can combine all this consumer-centricity and creativity with strong analytical skills, measuring success and learning from it
- Are wicked smaht, have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top