Sr. Director of Communications
Bonobos is seeking a Senior Director of Communications to drive our communications strategy and execution, both internally and externally.
As Senior Director of Communications at Bonobos, you’ll be a player-coach. Reporting to the CMO, you’ll be responsible for designing, executing and measuring compelling internal and external communications. Furthermore, you'll be responsible for managing a team of public relations managers across corporate, consumer, fashion and lifestyle media, and will partner with internal cross functional teams including People Operations to deliver internal communications.
What you'll do...
- Define the goals, core strategies, and most efficient tactics to drive media coverage and reach consumers, influencers and investors across business, trade, and consumer press
- Proactively and reactively pitch media outlets for coverage on Bonobos across business and trade press, including developing communication platforms for key executives
- Manage a public relations team who devise and pitch stories for consumer and lifestyle press
- Work closely with the marketing leadership team to ensure your strategies and tactics influence and build on the broader marketing strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with human resources and people operations to message high level company changes and initiatives to corporate and field employees
- Budget effectively and track marketing spend on an ongoing basis
- Nurture and mentor a talented set of direct reports to maximize their potential
- Have 12+ years of PR/Communications experience in a consumer-driven businesses (ideally both agency and in-house experience)
- Have a proven track record of garnering media coverage with a wide range of media, including both business and consumer facing publications
- Are a creative thinker, who can develop compelling campaigns, partnerships and experiences that engage the consumer and drive the business
- Have experience managing a team at different levels of experience, bringing out the best in them everyday and setting them up for success
- Can combine all this consumer-centricity and creativity with strong analytical skills, measuring success and learning from it
- Are wicked smaht, have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top