Software Engineer - Senior
Bonobos is (proudly) the largest born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. Let's face it, not much has changed since Zappos introduced free two-way shipping and unlimited returns.
We're first and foremost an apparel company. But you'll quickly discover that not much happens here without touching Engineering. Whether helping our internal tools create a better system for our Customer Service Ninjas to assist our customers, improving the speed of our check-out flow or working on the front-end to create an even more eye-catching experience, Engineering helps drive the business here. And with plenty of projects coming down the pipeline, there are exciting challenges abound, like new technology for our Guideshops and on-going work with our Product team to figure out what works and what doesn't.
We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. All new code is reviewed by another set of eyes so that we can improve it through constructive feedback.
Our back-end is based on Solidus, a Ruby-on-Rails-based open-source eCommerce platform. Our front-end is built with Backbone, Webpack, and React/Redux. We use PostgreSQL and are hosted on Heroku.
- Have at least 5+ years of progressive development experience...you've maybe even led a team at some point
- Have strong opinions on the pros and cons of various architectural choices
- Like the idea of small team where you work on both front- and back-end code
- Are excited by how open source technology can improve a tech stack
- Are ready to be a positive force on a growing team
- Don't consider yourself a "Rails" Developer, a "Python" Developer etc...you know the fundamentals and you're comfortable working in a variety of languages
What you get in return
- A collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- A team that takes pride in our work and shares responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- A competitive comp and benefits package, including equity
- An environment that values honesty, transparency and respect
- Random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club and Camp Bonobos
Back to top