SEO Software Engineer
Bonobos is looking for a SEO Software Engineer who is excited to work on a team of engineers, a product manager, and a designer, who together help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the largest born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional eCommerce experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the eCommerce showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, and have since expanded to 40 locations across the country (and growing!). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
Our goal is to create experiences online that lead to surprise and delight offline in our Guideshop locations - and vice-versa. For example, we'd love to have customers' online wishlist items ready for them when they arrive, or build an app that continues the Guideshop experience when the customer leaves the store.
Our team is a scrappy group of 15 engineers who are responsible for a 9-figure business that is growing 40% year-over-year. We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We practice code reviews, automated testing and pair programming when needed. We deploy to production several times a day.
What you’ll do...
- Work on a cross-functional team of other engineers (frontend, backend, ios, and full-stack), a product manager and a designer
- Work on our production application – a Node, Rails and Postgres app running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Implement SEO best practices
- Help us make the move to Node for our frontend application
- Ship new experiences to our customers via A/B tests
- Deploy code to production multiple times a day
- Help us figure out engineering solutions that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Have at least 5+ years of engineering experience
- Have at least 2+ years SEO experience
- Have seen what works well and what doesn’t work well in codebases
- Like being part of small team with designers, PMs, frontend, backend, and full stack engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you and be mentored
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work and share responsibilities to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Offer top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Value honesty, transparency and respect
- Have random acts of team-wide fun including bar nights, book club and Camp Bonobos
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top