Director of Product Management
Bonobos is looking for a Director of Product Management who possesses uncanny empathy for our users (and Engineers!) and who delivers tightly executed products without the fear of breaking a few things along the way.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to our Chief Experience Officer, you will partner on research, strategy and product development and be responsible for taking the strategy and executing it across the product team. We're looking for a player/coach who will lead and develop our product management team. As our Director of Product Management, you'll also be responsible for leading a cross-functional development team that will be defining, researching and executing product features and measuring success in business and customer value.
You will liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration with the Engineering, User Experience, Customer Insights, and Data Science teams. You will also work cross-functionally, with Marketing, Operations, Customer Service and Merchandising.
What you'll do...
- Lead and grow an awesome product management team to execute the company's overall product strategy
- Define the strategic direction of a cross-functional team by identifying clear and measurable strategic KPIs
- Maintain the product and feature roadmap, managing backlog prioritization
- Gather requirements, understand user needs, define functional specifications in the form of BDD-styled user stories, wireframes and user flows to communicate ideas between design, engineering and operational teams
- Serve as customer advocate and collaborate with UX Design to create best-in-class user experiences
- Closely monitor analytics and perform quantitative analysis that will help guide product decisions
- Collaborate with UX to conduct and synthesize qualitative insights
- Clearly communicate the progress and results of the team to the rest of the company both qualitative and quantitative measures
- Have 4+ years product management experience in consumer-facing online commerce with a track record of taking new products from synthesis to launch
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills as well as understanding of AB testing
- Are experienced in conducting and synthesizing surveys, polls, interviews, etc.
- Lead ideation workshops and product planning sessions
- Have a solid understanding of basic UX principles
- Are familiar with e-commerce and mobile trends and best practices
- Effectively communicate (verbal & written) internally/externally
- Have the ability to sell ideas and clearly explain product concepts
- Are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example and hits delivery dates on or ahead of schedule
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path
- Work collaboratively with team members to achieve team initiatives
- Are curious and likes to experiment–adaptable and comfortable with change
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Are able to see other points-of-view while maintaining confident direction
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top