Senior Inventory Accountant
Bonobos is seeking a Senior Inventory Accountant to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all inventory transactions and to provide meaningful analysis to our inventory activity.
As our Senior Inventory Accountant, you'll be charged with a plethora of tasks. You'll do everything from reconciling monthly inventory balances between our ERP system (Simparel) and the general ledger to supervising the entry of both direct and indirect inventory related invoices. Additionally, you'll be tasked with analyzing and recording inventory adjustments. Also you will be analyzing the cause for inventory price discrepancies to report to management to establish more efficient inventory policies. What good is an amazing product if we have no view into the proper accounting for its inventory? You will be the direct liaison between the accounting department and the Planning, Operations, Production, and Merchandising lanes.
You'll report to our Controller and will work closely with the rest of the Accounting team. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance.
What you'll do...
- Partner with engineering, sourcing and supply chain on development of all costing and inventory evaluation processes, decisions and changes
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues and opportunities for cost savings
- Develop costing policies and procedures and best practices as the business grows
- Maintain reporting of inventory by business channel and assist in their monthly forecasting process
- Support budget development by providing detailed account activity
- Coordinate and reconcile physical inventories: this includes identification of root cause and recommendations of corrective actions
- Provide assistance with external audits and reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and preferably a CPA
- Have 5+ plus years of accounting experience with three years of cost accounting experience
- Showcase strong inventory cost accounting knowledge
- Are proficient in excel and ERP systems
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a postive attitude
- Are looking for a team member who has the ability to perform critical analysis and will know how to juggle multiple priorities
- Value self-awareness, intellectul honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy - often, over experience
- Love a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and fashion
- Are nerdy accountants on the inside but love to have fun
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top