Senior Finance Associate
Bonobos is seeking a Senior Finance Associate to lead the charge on financial forecasting, business planning and ongoing analytical support as we continue to scale the business.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will be part of the dynamic duo responsible for informing, implementing and guiding the strategic direction of our two largest and fastest growing channels. Interacting with department leads, Finance Director and CFO, you'll help evolve and lead our financial planning process as an integral part of a small and scrappy finance team, applying analytical rigor to constantly optimize the scalability and value of the business. We know… heavy stuff. But we know you'll have fun!
What you'll do...
- Support the planning, forecasting and long range planning process for the e-Commerce and Guideshop Businesses while striving to maximize total company profitability including:
- All aspects of the P&L but especially revenue KPIs in partnerships with cross functional teams
- Continuous improvement of channel profitability analysis with focus on simplification, efficiency and improved accuracy and insight
- Supporting process development for ongoing managerial reporting, including variance analysis to budget/forecast and interpretation of key themes and actionable items for senior management
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc projects such as (but not limited to): hindsighting, cannibalization analysis, sales forecasting, long range planning, fleet review, deep-dives
- Nurture flourishing collaborative working relationships with all business partners including Planning, Guideshop Field Ops, Guideshop Strategy, Store Visual, Store Construction, Marketing, Data Science, Operations and Accounting
- Maintain financial planning and reporting architecture, ensuring cross-platform data integrity
- Demonstrate judgement and comfort with data ambiguity; filling in the holes and communicating assumptions appropriately
- Provide support to the Finance team on group deliverables such as BoD presentations and CFO requests
- Run business analysis such as business cases, modeling operating changes, and new views on P&L analysis
- Function-led process improvement activities and other special projects (such as creation of standardized budget templates, harmonization of business and financial processes, ongoing implementation of our planning tool: Host Analytics)
- Have at least three years banking and / or corporate finance experience, extra points for retail experience
- Are an Excel master and can go hours without ever touching a mouse but are also able to wield modeling wizardry within the constraints of a thriving business
- Are not afraid of PowerPoint!
- Desire to continuously develop financial understanding while continuously drawing connections between previous and current work
- Know your way around financial statements, their independencies, and are a veteran at building fully functional company models
- Have a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative and work independently
- Maintain strong interpersonal and communication skills in addition to comfort presenting to executives
- Want to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment where culture matters and everyone is given a path to success
- Want to hang up your "suit and tie", and be a part of a rapidly growing company backed by major VC firms
- Are looking to join a team that is truly engaging, fulfilling, energetic, quirky, and always passionate
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Put our customers' experience with Bonobos into every decision we make
- Want someone that is both a creative problem solver and detail-oriented
- Treat every order as if it is the most important order
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also highly value personal downtime that does not include pants (designing them, selling them, shipping them...wearing them?)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top