Senior Associate, Retail Operations
Bonobos is looking for a Senior Associate, Retail Operations – New Store Opening & Communication who has keen problem-solving skills and can build a set-to-scale store opening process and communication strategy in order to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail, and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to our Senior Manager of Retail Operations, you will be responsible for all aspects of new store openings (NSO) from post-turnover to the weeks following opening. You’ll lead cross-functional teams of corporate partners and NSO field leaders to build, execute and refine a scalable store opening strategy. In addition, you’ll develop the communication strategy between Corporate and field employees, and partner closely with clients throughout the company to deliver timely, clear, and engaging communication to field teams.
We’re looking for an action-oriented leader who can employ creative thinking, organization, and the willingness to seek feedback in order to continually improve communication and the NSO process. Your role will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that Bonobos has knowledgeable and empowered associates who can deliver an excellent customer experience and drive the company’s profitability.
You will liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration with lanes including Guideshop Operations and Locations, Operations, Visual Merchandising, Marketing, IT and Planning.
What you'll do...
- Manage execution of a cross-functional NSO team to ensure successful opening of new Guideshop locations, meeting timeline and expense targets
- Strategize with key partners across the organization to streamline the NSO process and develop a scalable strategy that facilitates accelerated store growth
- Design and execute a multi-vehicle communication strategy for field employees, including writing and publishing a daily newsletter
- Partner with clients across the corporate organization, including the Senior Manager of Guideshop Experience and Training, to design and execute communication plans for major program launches to Guideshop locations
- Support Guideshop locations with day-to-day operational tasks including ordering supplies, managing system access, and monitoring reporting
- Partner with Marketing teams to develop and support local marketing and events efforts
- Act as the funnel to collect store requests and feedback for corporate employees, and advocate for Guideshop locations' needs with all partners at the corporate office
- Have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in retail store operations and communications
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Can prioritize multiple projects effectively to deliver timely and impactful results for Guideshops
- Are able to passionately advocate for our Sales Associates (we call them Guides) and the customers they serve
- Thrive on working collaboratively with team members across the company
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture
- Are curious and like to experiment; are adaptable and can manage through change
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Are able to seek feedback and see other points-of-view while maintaining confident direction
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
- Work hard because we love what we're doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy - often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors and one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top