Senior Accounting Manager - Operations
Bonobos is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager - Operations who possesses the uncanny ability to manage an accounting team, and who delivers tightly executed financial closings focused on all items impacting gross margin without the fear of missing a few things along the way.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to our Controller, you will partner with the Accounting and Finance teams on accounting treatments and process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements and be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all areas relating to gross margin. We're looking for a player/coach who will lead and develop our Revenue and Inventory teams. As our Senior Accounting Manager - Operations, you'll also be defining, researching and executing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements for the company’s internal and external requirements specifically addressing all issues surrounding Revenue, COGS and margin.
The fun doesn't stop there! You will liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration on any accounting issues, especially those relating to revenue recognition, inventory valuation, and cost of goods sold. You'll also ensure our returns policy, inventory reserve requirements, and all cutoff requirements are accurate for all reporting requirements.
What you'll do...
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the revenue accounting department which includes Ecom vs Guideshop vs Wholesale channels, unearned revenue, gift card/store credit accounting and cash/accounts receivable
- Drive month, quarterly and end year closings, including: account reconciliations, cash receipts, general ledger, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, roll forwards (as needed), returns accounting, reserve analysis, other product costs (ie freight, fees, duty, damages)
- Manage and develop a team which fosters a community of development and continued professional growth
- Oversee the inventory cost team to include monthly inventory and cost of goods sold are adequately stated
- Maintain perpetual inventory and applicable standard cost system to include fully loaded cost
- Analyze variance accounts for inventory to include: PPV, damages, in transit inventory, inventory received/not invoiced, samples, inventory reserves and shrink
- Act as sub-ledger to inventory general ledger reconciled monthly
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles as it relates to inventory, revenue and cost of goods treatments
- Establish appropriate controls and procedures to manage, identify and substantiate any reserves as it relates to sales returns and inventory. Identify with operational support the appropriate accounting treatment for such reserves.
- Participate in completion of all external audit activities and audit preparation
- Provide recommendations for improvements to the team, close process and system enhancements
- Review and prepare transaction data for integration with the Company's Revenue Recognition Software system
- Provide Senior Management with financial reporting information and operational support
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, and/or relevant field with a combination of experience of 10 years in accounting management and a public accounting firm
- Preferably have a CPA but it is not required, Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
- Have a technical knowledge base of revenue recognition accounting treatments including international policies, GAAP accounting and cut off reporting techniques
- Possess strong ERP system knowledge with some experience with implementing an ERP system or inventory module.
- Are a master of the details, have a strong analytical capacity and organization gets you giddy
- Have strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Are driven and can work autonomously but also a team player and possess the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management
- Are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example and hits delivery dates on or ahead of schedule
- Are intuitive and flexible –adaptable and comfortable with change
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top