Bonobos is seeking a Senior Accountant to support the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes.
As our Senior Accountant, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from reconciling monthly GL balances and executing our financial close process, to supporting the business with various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis. Additionally, you'll be tasked with analyzing and recording GL adjustments in all financial statement areas.
You'll report to our Senior Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting and you will work closely with the rest of the Accounting team. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker and structured problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
What you'll do...
- Partner with the Finance, Marketing and Operations teams to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Work with all areas of the business to develop optimal procedures and best practices and support internal control documentation of these processes
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues and understand fluctuations in balances and provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders
- Maintain reporting of GL balances by business channel and assist in the regular forecasting process
- Provide assistance with all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field, and preferably a CPA
- Have 4+ plus years of accounting experience with two to four years of public accounting experience, preferably working with public companies
- Showcase strong financial and technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance
- Have experience coaching a team and doing a preliminary review of work
- Will own our monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Will explain variances in the financial statements (budget vs. actuals) by performing in-depth analytics
- Are excited to provide support to our Finance team through various ad-hoc financial reports and special projects
- Are proficient in excel and ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in NetSuite or similar ERP
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Are looking for a team member who has the ability to perform critical analyses and will know how to juggle multiple priorities
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy
- Love a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and fashion
- Are accountants on the inside but love to have fun
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top