Real Estate & Leasing Counsel
Bonobos is seeking a Real Estate & Leasing Counsel to help meet the demands of our rapidly expanding Guideshop channel.
As Real Estate & Leasing Counsel at Bonobos, you’ll be an integral part of our collaborative and close-knit Guideshop team that’s helping to redefine how people shop by combining clicks and bricks. Reporting to our Sr. Director, Biz Ops & Associate Counsel, you'll be responsible for managing our Guideshop real estate portfolio and acting as the point person for all things Guideshop real estate-related, from the initial negotiation phase through lease execution and beyond.
What you'll do...
- Negotiate letters of intent and leases and liaise with outside counsel and real estate advisors throughout the process
- Work closely with our Guideshop team in conducting due diligence and setting strategic objectives
- Update and maintain our lease administration system to facilitate the review and tracking of key lease provisions and dates
- Draft and negotiate construction and design-related vendor agreements
- Maintain a portfolio of licenses and permits
- Review commencement date agreements, estoppels, SNDAs and other related documents
- Perform lease analysis and review for various internal teams on an ongoing basis
- Have at least 4-8 years experience in commercial real estate transactions, ideally at both a law firm and in-house, with retail leasing as a substantial component of that experience (previous tenant-side experience a plus)
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials (yes, really)
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
- Are wicked smaht, have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build and improve internal processes and best practices/policies
- Have, at some point in life, worn, or considered wearing, or may at some point in the future wear, or consider wearing, pants
- Value exceptional judgment, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top