Bonobos is looking for a Product/UX Researcher with a range of experience — focusing on user research to help develop solutions and familiarity with responsive web apps, native apps, and front-end code (though coding not required).
As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our in-store and online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
To achieve this mission, our Tech team is seeking a strong Product/UX Researcher who can conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis — then synthesize them into insights to support product strategy and user experience design. The ideal candidate has strong self-management skills and can collaborate well with a variety of teams including Product Management, Product Design, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, Brand Creative, Merchandising, and other stakeholders.
- Have a portfolio with specific examples that demonstrate your thought and research process to produce a great user experience that drives business
- Are proficient designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability
- Have a knack for identifying user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvements and new ideas or features
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge
- Test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
- Determine user needs by conducting task-focused analyses
- Work with designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate Experience Requirements: Usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
- Engage with project teams to determine needs and the best way to test for those needs, create test plans, run the testing (moderating), analyze results, compile reports (powerpoint, word, video)
- Are data-driven — gathering or working with another's user research and analytics to inform your approach
- Comfortable working from inception through execution (brainstorming, sketching, mapping, wireframing, prototyping, designing, paring or even coding, AB Testing)
- Solve problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Think big picture and detail-oriented
- Are honest and humble and can give and take critique productively
- Have fluency with design research tools such as Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Principal, Framer, etc.
- Have sufficient web experience – understanding best practices, design patterns, technical tools and their limitations
- Can communicate design approaches to software engineers and stakeholders
- Have a passion to support the creation new, unique, game-changing experiences in the digital space
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are willing to help you relocate
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top