Merchandiser - Active & Golf
Bonobos is seeking a razor sharp Merchandiser for our rapidly growing business that is one part tech, one part fashion, and all parts fun.
As a Merchandiser, you will work closely with the cross functional team to drive the future direction of our growing GoodSport and Golf businesses. This position will work closely with the Production, Planning and Design teams. And, the pace around here can get pretty wild, so the ability to keep up and keep calm is of the utmost importance...plus, it makes everything more fun when you combine the fast-pace with awesome colleagues that are constantly collaborating. As part of our team, your mission will be the same as everyone else at the company – to provide the best men’s shopping experience in the world.
What you'll do...
- Work with Design and Production to develop the product assortment, merchandise point of view, Guideshop strategies, and key item positioning, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives to meet or exceed financial goals for each season and customer expectations
- Lead quarterly roadmap process to inform Design team of assortment for upcoming seasons, providing guidance on category growth opportunities
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets
- In collaboration with Planning, position department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets of sales, gross margin, and inventory goals are met
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales and web performance metrics; provide appropriate and timely direction to business partners and team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends
- Be responsible for creating and managing styles in our databases
- Partner with our Production and Operations teams to help track our product
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom Merchandising and Insights/Analytics to ensure that we are testing and maximizing how product is shown on site through intuitive category navigation and clear product details
- Work with Marketing team to outline seasonal product stories, category emails, and golf/gym specific Guideshop events and sponsorships
- Partner with Wholesale to ensure we are addressing market needs
- Partner with the Ninja leadership and Guideshop corporate team to share seasonal merchandise strategies and product knowledge and to collect customer feedback
- Have a Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of experience in retail buying and/or merchandising
- Have experience working on activewear product and a passion for the sports/fitness sector
- Are excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Have the analytical ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight. Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Will be given the opportunity to have your voice be heard and your opinions taken seriously.
- Possess strong presentation skills and ability to present concisely and clearly to senior leadership
- Should be creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments, fostering strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team (Design, Production, Planning, Marketing) and brand counterparts.
- Serve as a leader on team to influence others to gain support for merchant-led initiatives and assortment decisions
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top