Junior Project Manager - Store Design
Bonobos is looking for a Junior Project Manager – Store Design to help support our rapidly expanding Guideshop business.
Reporting to our Guideshop Design and Construction Manager, the Jr. Project Manager - Store Design will be responsible for supporting the functions of the design and construction team as they take new projects from concept to completion. You’ll contribute to the schematic design process as it relates to floor plans, storefront design and fixturing for each project, as well as the existing store-opening process, which successfully opens stores on time and within budget. Strong communication skills are key to developing and maintaining relationships with all external consultants (think architects, engineers & vendors!) and internal partners to create store plans that are functional, design-oriented and represent the Bonobos brand.
What you’ll do…
- Manage the schematic design process and prepare presentation materials for regular internal design review meetings
- Partner with our external architect to generate packages for landlord submission
- Generate a new process for documenting projects’ status and recording milestone completion dates (internal sign off, design development completion, permit set issuance, etc.)
- Partner with external consultants and stakeholders in design development stages
- Redline progress, permit and bid sets produced by outside consultants to ensure thorough construction sets are issued on schedule
- Create and assemble bid packages for all owner furnished items including millwork, fixtures, storefront, furnishings, lighting, low voltage and signage
- Liaise with construction partners to ensure procurement of long lead items in accordance with schedule
- Review shop drawings and submittals as required
- Have 1-3 years experience in retail store development, or residential design
- Completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or other related discipline
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills in ACAD, 3D modeling software, and Microsoft Suite
- Can quickly and effectively communicate ideas through hand sketches and computer renderings to both convey design intent and create presentation level drawings
- Are an organized and self-motivated individual who is excited about the opportunity to have an impactful role within a fast-paced team
- Are comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Thrive in a high energy, budget- and schedule-driven environment
- Are open to some domestic travel
- Have at some point in your life, worn pants
- Value exceptional judgment, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Strive to be the most loved clothing company of all time. No, seriously.
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top