Bonobos is looking for a Fashion Assistant to support with shoot preparation and styling for our vibrant and creative brand.
As a Fashion Assistant, you will support our talented Photography Team in multiple arenas. While the obvious ones, like steaming, ironing and hemming, are definitely a part of the gig, you'll be the go-to partner for our Stylists to ensure our models are properly dressed and looking sharp before they step in front of the camera.
Reporting to our Senior Fashion Manager, you'll be tasked with all related shoot preparation work, including creating, maintaining and updating our photo log for in-going and out-going samples, post production management of samples and even the resizing of images for our site. With the opportunity to work closely with the Stylists to pull looks for our shoots, assist with styling on set, and provide creative input for marketing shoots, you'll be learning from one of the most skilled Photography Teams around.
What you'll do...
- Assist the lead stylist in our in-house photo studio as well as on location shoots
- Steam, iron and conduct minor alterations of clothes to keep looks organized and accounted for, as well as help dress our models
- Maintain a clean and organized styling closet and photo studio
- Perform still life e-com photo shoot styling
- Prepare for photo shoots by packing and organizing samples, and putting together looks for location shoots
- Handle sourcing and purchasing of shoes, accessories and more as needed for shoots
- Travel with the photo team on photo shoots to various locations outside of New York (occasionally on weekends)
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a related field as a styling assistant
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess a flexible and truly positive attitude
- Have a keen eye and are passionate about fashion, photography and industry trends
- Accept that 'working in fashion' is not always as glam as the movies claim, but love it anyway and have the passion and humility to successfully carve your path
- Love working as a part of a team and learning on the job
- Have a good sense of organization and planning
- Are able and excited to travel with our team to various photo shoots
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Have a high energy Photo Team with creative and witty minds
- Will back up our talk with challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top