Director, Real Estate & Leasing
Bonobos is seeking a Director, Real Estate & Leasing to help meet the demands of our rapidly expanding Guideshop channel.
As Director, Real Estate & Leasing at Bonobos, you’ll be an integral part of our collaborative and close-knit Guideshop team that’s helping to redefine how people shop by combining clicks and bricks. Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer you'll be responsible for managing our Guideshop real estate portfolio and acting as the point person for all things Guideshop real estate-related, from the initial negotiation phase through lease execution and beyond.
What you'll do...
- Identify and analyze all target markets for potential site selection in conjunction with our real estate strategy manager and coordinate efficient and educational market tours
- Create, manage and maintain the real estate pipeline in order to establish an inventory of the best locations in all target markets and ensure we’ve always got more great opportunities than we need to successfully meet our goals
- Continue to develop the long term market development plan and processes associated with forecasting and tracking deals for all potential sites
- Manage the LOI and lease negotiation process from start to finish, including acting as primary negotiator during the LOI process and as liaison with outside counsel and real estate advisors throughout the lease negotiation process
- Identify all deal specific critical issues in order to anticipate and proactively work though conflicts and execute leases in a timely manner.
- Manage the relationships with all internal and external real estate partners (including brokers, consultants, outside counsel and landlords, and internal legal, construction, marketing and operations teams) throughout the lease negotiation and store build out process and be a 'fixer' of all issues who can keep projects on schedule
- Work with the real estate strategy manager through the real estate committee approval process to effectively present and communicate on all potential Guideshop locations
- Partner with the data science team and real estate strategy manager to analyze store and market performance and incorporate all findings into the site selection process
- Review commencement date agreements, renewals, estoppels, landlord notices and other related documents and manage all associated processes
- Help to improve and create all processes and documentation associated with site selection, lease negotiation and committee approvals
- Are disciplined and process-oriented with the strong communication skills needed to be the go-to person for all issues relating to expanding our Guideshop locations
- Thrive in a TEAM setting and are an effective collaborator in a transparent and highly communicative atmosphere.
- Have at least 10 years of experience working on the real estate team for a retail company or a real estate consulting firm, including extensive experience leading site selection and lease negotiating processes
- Have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics
- Are expert at Excel and Powerpoint or Keynote
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build and improve internal processes and best practices/policies
- Value exceptional judgment, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top