Director of Store Planning & Liquidation
Bonobos is looking for a Director of Store Planning & Liquidation who possesses excellent judgment in all things product.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how, where and in what fit men buy clothes. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers via multiple channels; through our website, the Guideshops as well as our multiple wholesale accounts. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and the brand.
Reporting to our VP of Planning, you will collaborate on the development of Bonobos’ Distribution and Liquidation strategy. You will liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration with the Planning, Merchandising, Wholesale, Guideshop, Operation & Finance teams.
What you'll do...
- Develop a best-in-class Guideshop Planning & Liquidation Strategy for Bonobos that maximizes ROI while mitigating brand exposure.
- Work to create a complete product life cycle distribution/liquidation plan and be able to articulate performance at a weekly/monthly level.
- Work to create a pre-season channel liquidation plan (OTB) and speak to expected performance at the weekly/monthly level
- Work with the planning, wholesale and guideshop teams to identify product that is aged, liable or no longer contributing to sales and create a distribution plan (Outlet, Wholesale, DTC)
- Create and maintain channel level forecast (WHS, GS, eCom) at the class and season code level to ensure consistent reporting of companies liable inventory position.
- Work with planning managers & store planner to validate pre-season investments and resolve any issues
- Work closely with the Store Planner to ensure that future Guideshop Orders are correctly ordered by size to achieve maximum sell-thru in-season and for potential wholesale offers.
- Ensure functional financial success through leading inventory, store, and size management by working towards meeting or exceeding sales and gross margin goals
- Record and analyze key KPI’s and report out monthly/weekly on performance
- Ability to identify, recommend and coordinate innovative strategies which ensure competitive success
- Demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to work both independently and in teams
- Provide timely direction and feedback to direct reports to foster skill development and performance improvement; provide supervisor with timely feedback on personal development and training needs
- Have 7+ years of merchandise planning or other relevant experience
- Are a self-starter, solution oriented, and results focused
- Are excited to build processes and reports to analyze sales, stock and profitability across business segments
- Can be considered an "excel ninja", with a black-belt in formulas, pivot tables, and the like
- Are excited to get scrappy and dig into business drivers
- Have strong communication skills; a gifted wordsmith and a talented orator
- Are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example and hits delivery dates on or ahead of schedule
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path
- Work collaboratively with team members to achieve team initiatives
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Are able to see other points-of-view while maintaining confident direction
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top