Director of Insights and Analytics
Bonobos is seeking a Director of Insights and Analytics who is hungry to grow an Insights and Analytics function and make us a more empirical and customer-centric company.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As our Insights and Analytics leader, you’ll report to the Chief Experience Officer, manage a team of 6 analysts, and be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig into the analysis regularly. You’ll be responsible for setting the vision for and defining what success looks like for an Insights and Analytics team and for partnering with other lanes, including Data Science, Marketing, Merchandising, Guideshops and Product (to name a few), to determine how your team can support them in making data and insights-driven decisions. You will be a numbers-driven voice of reason that helps take Bonobos to the next level.
- Oversee web and marketing analytics, including customer lifecycle marketing, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, web and mobile app user flow, on-site creative analysis, A/B testing and promotions
- Oversee customer insights and research, including NPS, brand awareness, customer panels, website feedback, Voice of Customer, customer service feedback, and returns surveys and synthesize insights across tools.
- Grow, manage, and support 6 analysts
- Define KPIs and set the strategy / vision for how data will be captured and shared internally with other teams
- Identify key business challenges and develop insights and recommendations to address them.
- Develops strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, technology and economic or social implications of organization activities.
- Manage and balance the need to drive revenue and cost management for the organization including your team's budget and relationships
- Be the internal facing lead for the insights and analytics team, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions with data
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets.
- Identify and vet new technologies that can be used by your team and other teams
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has 5-7 years of experience in an analytical insights role or a web analyst role
- Has worked at an e-commerce and/or retail company or familiarity with e-commerce trends and best practices
- Appreciates the value of quantitative AND qualitative data
- Can build a slick Excel model without touching the mouse
- Is an expert with business intelligence tools, such as Looker
- Knows SQL and/or Python or a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
- Can easily and clearly communicate with Data Scientists and Engineers and sales associates in the same hour
- Can transform complex data sets into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates
- Lets the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
- Can create compelling presentations in PowerPoint/Keynote
- Has written surveys or run focus groups
- Is focused on finding the right answer even if it means being proven wrong
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Director Of Planning, E-Commerce & Guideshops
Liam works with Bonobos’ Planning Team to review sales reports, merchandise performance, and product features. He ensures that Bonobos has the correct products to achieve its financial goals.
Back to top