Bonobos is seeking a Data Scientist to optimize operational and economic inefficiencies and to create practical solutions to business problems using data and technology.
Bonobos started out as a place for a guy to get a pair of great-fitting pants, and today it’s evolved into the largest digitally native vertical apparel brand in the country. Our goal is to become the most loved clothing company of all time. No, seriously.
As a company born and raised on the internet, the insights we can generate from our data differentiate us from our competitors and give our customers access to a highly personalized shopping experience at scale. By bringing all the great features of our Guideshop locations to the web, we can share the Bonobos experience with every one of our customers, whether or not they live near one of our 30 (and counting) Guideshop locations.
The mission of the Data Science group is to champion the value of intellectual honesty and data-driven judgment in the organization. We use our data to extract signals that close the loop between our personalized physical shopping experience, our e-commerce platform, and our customers.
Members of our group are mathematicians and engineers who are motivated by solving problems, flexing their creative muscles to identify opportunities for economic efficiencies, and building practical solutions that scale and address our business needs.
Some of the solutions we’re working on include product recommendations, email targeting models, internal workflow optimization tools, and an intelligence layer that gives our business users the data they need to do their jobs.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate across functional areas of our business at every level of seniority to uncover and address opportunities for scalability and economic growth
- Act as a knowledge manager in the company; a highly trusted and credible resource whose technical ability is matched only by his or her judgment and communications skills
- Apply exploratory data analysis, engineering techniques, and machine learning to solve high-visibility problems that take into account our business needs, our technical capabilities, and the economics of the apparel industry.
- Communicate with business leaders to present results and recommendations
- Are curious, resourceful, and have a killer instinct for solving problems
- Have substantial experience (2+ years) analyzing data in a professional setting
- Have a strong understanding of statistics, algorithm design, machine learning, and computer programming (UNIX, SQL, Python, AWS)
- Have efficient and professional communications skills, a capacity for abstract reasoning, and a desire to learn and share knowledge
- Are a rapidly-growing and successful business, co-workers that feel like family, and a prime location in the heart of the Flatiron district in Manhattan
- Have a highly collaborative team built on trust and mutual respect
- Do fun things like team lunches, bar nights, foosball, and Camp Bonobos
- Give you the opportunity to identify and solve business problems armed only with your wits (and the hardware of your choosing, and an attractive motorized standing desk, and free seltzer, etc)
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Chief Of Staff
Eric plays a key role in every aspect of the company. He works with the CEO to ensure leaders across the organization are accountable for meeting their goals.
Back to top