Bonobos is seeking a Data Engineer who is eager to drive our business forward by strengthening our data foundations.
Bonobos is reinventing the way people shop by combining our e-commerce presence with a fleet of physical showroom locations (what we call Guideshop locations) where customers can browse, shop, and enjoy concierge-level service and style guidance. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by scaling this uniquely personalized experience to the web, which means that we can share the Bonobos experience with every one of our customers whether or not they live near one of our 40+ stores. The only way this is possible is through data.
The Data Science group at Bonobos is responsible for building and maintaining a portfolio of data products that support our business. Some of these products are used by everyone in the business, such as the data pipeline (Python, Luigi) and the data warehouse (SQL) that make up the foundation of our data food pyramid. We rely on this data infrastructure to ETL and expose all of our data for financial reporting, merchandise financial planning, business and web-funnel analytics, and more. Our business users and executives depend on the accuracy and availability of this data to do their jobs every day.
Other data products are more specialized, and many use libraries and techniques for data visualization (D3) or machine learning (scikit-learn). Examples include the web applications we build to enable our internal customers to use data interactively, the personalization engine we use to deliver style guidance as a service, or the predictive models we create to help the business make effective decisions.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll report to our Sr. Manager of Data Science and be responsible for the development of our infrastructure across all of these data products. You’ll use your knowledge of engineering best practices to improve what exists, serve as a representative of the group to stakeholders and executives throughout the business, and help us to imagine and create the next great data products that move our business forward.
- Curious and resourceful with a killer instinct for solving problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Substantial experience (2+ years) as a software engineer (UNIX, SQL, Python, AWS)
- Strong understanding of computer programming, database schema design, and engineering best practices
- Efficient and professional communications skills
Nice to haves...
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field
- Even more experience (4+ years) as a software engineer (also HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience designing and managing data pipelines
- Lots of opinions about how various Flatiron lunch places could probably operate more efficiently
- Interest in machine learning, data visualization, economics
- We bring a lot of dedication and focus into our work, but we also believe in balance
- Offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, challenging projects, and co-workers that feel like family
- Are excited to meet you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top