Bonobos is looking for a Data Engineer who is hungry to make the company more empirical and customer-centric as a member of the Data Products and Insights team.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As our Data Engineer, you’ll report to the Manager of Analytics and can look forward to rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data to help build and maintain an infrastructure that everyone can rely on. This role will be responsible for blending our transactional data with 3rd party sources into an analytical layer that serves as Bonobo’s source of truth. You will also be working with our Business Intelligence tool, Looker, which includes developing and supporting both self-service and automated reporting for the company.
What you’ll do…
- Work cross-functionally with technical leaders across the business to become the guru on understanding how our data is being collected and used throughout the business
- Be instrumental in the design and implementation of transformation scripts to mold our data into a flexible, analytical data mart that can be the basis of future business analysis
- Continually update and refactor data warehouse architecture as needed to continually optimize system performance
- Develop monitoring and alerting frameworks to maximize warehouse uptime
- Translate business requirements into impactful data structures, data visualizations, and/or automated dashboard reporting
- Have 2-5 years of experience in a business intelligence or data engineering role
- Are fluent in SQL and have a deep understanding of data models and data architecture
- Have experience with at least one programming language (our team uses Python)
- Have experience developing and maintaining data warehouses, working with e-commerce and/or retail companies a huge plus
- Have worked with business intelligence tools such as Looker, GoodData, Tableau, or Mode Analytics
- Can easily and clearly communicate with Analysts, Engineers and Business Stakeholders all in the same hour
Bonus points if you...
- Are comfortable with the command line and Git
- Are able to understand and contribute to production data pipeline infrastructure codebase (Luigi, Airflow, etc)
- Have experience with AWS (Redshift) and distributed data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Have worked with large volumes of clickstream data and data aggregators (Segment, Mixpanel, etc)
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Are an apparel company that wholeheartedly embraces and is built on technology
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel and operate like a championship team
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan...Can you say Shake Shack?
- Are excited to hear from you
Meet Some of Bonobos's Employees
Suzanne creates website improvements to make Bonobos’ website user-friendly for customers, develops new website features, and works on back-end technology to help improve Bonobos' admin tool for the Customer Service and Guideshop Teams.
Back to top