Bonobos is looking for a bright, business-minded, and self-motivated Corporate Counsel to help meet the demands of our rapidly expanding business.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
What you'll do...
- Negotiate, draft and review a wide range of commercial agreements, including: consulting, SaaS and other vendor agreements, NDAs, co-promotion/sponsorship agreements, and those supporting social media and influencer marketing, IP and content licensing, and digital and print media production
- Advise on legal issues related to marketing and promotional programs, including review of all customer-facing advertising and marketing materials, rights clearance issues, claim substantiation, and contests/sweepstakes
- Create scalable processes for triaging a high volume of disparate legal issues from all areas of the business and help provide training, create templates and manage workflows to allow business teams to move quickly while addressing key risks
- Have at least 4-6 years’ experience at a top law firm, ideally with some in-house experience (experience with an e-commerce company a plus)
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school, exceptional academic credentials (yes, really) and are a member in good standing of the New York bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
- Have exceptional judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace projects large and small (yes, even those boilerplate contracts must (unfortunately) be reviewed)
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build and improve internal processes and best practices/policies
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you
Back to top